The LJCPA Trustee meeting videoconference goes live at 5:30pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions. If you prefer not to identify yourself, please write to email@example.com for instructions how to attend anonymously by phone.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators, and are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
Call to Order
- Agenda (revised 30aug): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Trustees-Agenda-2-Sep-21-revised-30aug2021-10am.pdf
- Trustees 8/6 draft minutes: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/DraftMinutes5Aug2021.pdf
- PDO 4/12: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/minutes-april-12-2021.pdf
- DPR 5/11: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/dpr-minutes-11-may-2021.pdf
- T&T 5/19: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/tt-minutes-19may21-revised.pdf
- T&T 7/21: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJTTMinutes20210721-final.pdf
- PDO 8/9/2021: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/minutes-august-9.21.pdf
- DPR 8/10/2021: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/DPR-minutes-10aug21.pdf
- T&T 8/18/2021: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJTTMinutes20210818-Final.pdf
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
- 604 Palomar Av (684897, Barroso) DPR 8/10: findings CAN be made, 5-0-1
- La Jolla Half Marathon (Calame) T&T 8/18: APPROVED 9-0-0
- Camino de la Costa Scenic Viewpoint (Wilson) T&T 8/18: APPROVED 8-0-1
- Trance Boutique Sign (Sheredy) PDO 8/9: APPROVED 8-0-0
Cuvier St Vacation (679621, Williams) (Process 5) Cuvier Street right-of-way vacation, CDP, and lot-line adjustment located south of Prospect Street, next to the La Jolla Recreational Center (615 Prospect) and The Bishop’s School. The site is located in the LJPD-6 and OP-1-1 Zones, and Coastal (Non-appealable-2) Overlay zone within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1. DPR 5/11/21: findings CAN be made, 5-0-2; T&T 5/19/21: APPROVE 10-0-0; PDO 4/12/21: APPROVE 10-0-0 September presentation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/unijdvyqakf7lia/2021__0508%20-%20Cuvier%20Vacation%20-%20CPA%20Meeting%20Presentation.pdf?dl=0 August presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2021_0508-Cuvier-Vacation-CPA-Meeting-Presentation.pdf July Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/21_0701-Cuvier-Vacation-Presentation.pdf Earlier slides: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/scan20210419091604.pdf Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Cuvier-Set.pdf Parking exhibit: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/CuvierProspectDiagonalParkingExhibit.pdf 1st assessment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/679621-Cuvier-Vacation-1st-AL-04.12.21.pdf
Nautilus Street Beautification (Wilson)
Proposal for Nautilus from LJ High School to Muirlands Drive
- Presentation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd87z60xs0nfczn/21_0721%20-%20NAUTILUS%20STREET%20.pptx?dl=0
T&T 7/21: APPROVE, 6-0-0
La Jolla Concours d’ Elegance (McFarlane) Request for Temporary Street Closure and No Parking on Portions of Coast Blvd. Between Cave St. and Girard Av. for Annual Event April 20-24, 2022
esentation: (forthcoming) T&T 7/21: APPROVE, 6-0-0
Coast, Canyons, and Trails Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan (Loya)
This data-driven plan from SANDAG and Caltrans will include recommended transportation improvements in the Coast, Canyons, and Trails Corridor that is centered around the SR-52 corridor and the freeway segment of SR 67, from La Jolla to Santee, El Cajon, and the County of San Diego. The two agencies are seeking public input that will inform the development of the draft plan.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/CCT-Community-Group-Presentation_8.30.2021.pdf
Spaces as Places (Kane)
“Spaces as Places” is the City of San Diego’s proposed program to transition temporary outdoor spaces, which were allowed to replace indoor capacity in response to the COVID-19 pandemic which significantly restricted indoor operations, to permanent places that safely bring people together to dine, play and gather in public spaces. The Spaces as Places program includes a menu of options to allow for the creation of a variety of quality outdoor places for dining, walking, biking, public artwork, and other enjoyable public interaction for the post-pandemic world.
- T&T notes: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Concerns-Regarding-Spaces-as-Places-Draft-Regulations.pdf
- TOBO Restaurants with Street locations City Enforcement email.docx
Blueprint SD (Kane)
Blueprint San Diego is a new approach to community planning that will help meet the City’s housing and climate goals, while providing greater and more inclusive opportunities for public input. This data-driven, citywide framework will allow San Diegans to shape how climate-friendly community development will occur in their neighborhoods. Blueprint San Diego will further the City’s Climate Action Plan goals by encouraging housing and new development where people can walk, bike, or take transit. This approach will provide an equitable framework for future development throughout the City that provides access to opportunity and housing for everyone.
Ad Hoc Monitoring Committee: Angeles Leira, Glen Rasumussen, Dave Ish, Jim Fitzgerald, Joe Terry, Larry Davidson
- City website: https://www.sandiego.gov/blueprint-sd
- Mayor’s Press Release: https://www.sandiego.gov/mayor/mayor-gloria-announces-%E2%80%98homes-all-us%E2%80%99-housing-package
- PEIR Notice of Preparation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Notice-of-Preparation-of-a-Draft-PEIR-for-Blueprint-San-Diego.pdf
- EIR Scoping meeting Notice: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/notice_of_preparation_for_blueprint_sd.pdf
- Housing for All of Us Fact Sheet: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/housing_for_all_of_us_fact_sheet_0.pdf
Meetings after 9/30/2021
- AB361: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220AB361
- EO 08-21: https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/6.11.21-EO-N-08-21-signed.pdf
Appeal concerning 1228 Park Row, project 619886 (Kane)
Ratify appeal of City decision.
Appeal concerning La Jolla Bluffs Emergency Closure, project 695848 (no action required)
Documents for the record; appeal voted at August Trustee meeting
- DS 3031: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Form-DS3031.pdf
- Grounds: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/DESCRIPTION-OF-GROUNDS-FOR-APPEAL-4-DK-rev.pdf
- Exhibit A: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Ex-A-6-letters-among-agencies.pdf
- Exhibit B: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Ex-B-Hanan-Report.pdf
- Exhibit C: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Ex-C-Point-La-Jolla-Seasonal-Closure-Emergency-Coastal-Development-Permit-No-2572053_FINAL_SIGNED_08-10-2021.pdf
1821 Torrey Pines Vacation (648590, Bisharat)
(Process 5) Public Right-of-Way Vacation and Coastal Development Permit to vacate a portion of Torrey Pines Road located at 1802 Amalfi Street, 1834 Amalfi Street, 1821 Torrey Pines Road & 7840 Sierra Mar Drive. The site is in the RS-1-5 Base Zone and Coastal (Appealable) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Planning Area, and Council District 1.
- Planning Commission report: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PTS-648590-Planning-Commission-Report-PC-21-037-with-Links.pdf
(DPR Aug 2020) Updates & Comments
- City Improvement Plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/City-Improvement-Plan.pdf
- Parcel Map: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/PM-20816.pdf
- PS-G306: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/PS-G306.pdf
- ROS Map: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ROS-16791.pdf
- TPR Street Vacation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/TPR-Street-Vacation-Section.pdf
- RW Exhibit: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/RW-EXHIBIT.pdf
- Proposed vacation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/TPR-Street-Vacation-EXHIBIT.pdf
- Current easement: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/A2019-59Street-Vacation-07-11-20-EXH-B.pdf
- 1st assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/648590-as1-Ltr.pdf
- 2nd cycle issues (draft): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2nd-Cycle-Issues-DRAFT-648590.pdf
Point La Jolla / Boomer Beach
- Map: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Point-La-Jolla-Seasonal-Closure-Emergency-Coastal-Development-Permit-No-2572053-Area-Map.pdf
- Photo: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1153-scaled.jpg
- Photo: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/IMG_1149-scaled.jpg
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.