Important Note: Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, LJCPA and its committees currently cannot hold physical meetings. Instead, pursuant to the Governor’s executive order N-25-20, as interpreted by City authorities, LJCPA meetings are being held as online video/voice teleconferences. Those who wish to attend (including viewing, listening, and possibly speaking at the meeting) must register individually in advance, although they need not identify themselves during the meeting. Instructions are below.
Meeting Agenda and Materials: The agenda and other materials for each meeting are linked to the Agendas page on the LJCPA website (reached via the top-level menu) as they become available. The “Materials & Comments” page for each meeting has a form to submit public comments in writing, and it displays comments that are submitted (subject to moderation).
Registration: To register, please visit the appropriate link below at your convenience. To have your attendance at Trustee meetings recorded for membership or voting purposes, you must register with the correct member’s name in advance AND connect to the online meeting at the scheduled time. If you prefer to attend without identifying yourself, please email firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance for instructions. We prefer that multiple individuals NOT share a single registration.
- PDO 12 July 2021 (4pm): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/pdo-12jul20-instructions.txt
- DPR 13 July 2021 (live at 3:30 for 4pm start): https://gregj.us/36jzJ8C
- PRC 19 July 2021 (4pm): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/prc-19jul21-instructions.pdf
- DPR 20 July 2021(live at 3:30 for 4pm start): https://gregj.us/36gNg0r
- T&T 21 July 2021 (4pm): https://bit.ly/3xKBgQT
- Trustees 5 August 2021 (live at 5:30 for 6pm start): https://gregj.us/3wnwDuP
The registration page asks for your name and email address, your phone number (needed if you plan to dial in by voice phone), and a few other responses:
Please complete all the necessary items on the registration form, making sure that your browser hasn’t added any extraneous commas and such, click the “I’m not a robot” box, follow any additional instructions, and finally click “Register”. (If you wish to attend the meeting without identifying yourself publicly, which is permissible but not recommended, then before the meeting please write email@example.com for instructions.)
The system then will display a confirmation screen, which includes the personalized “click here to join” link you will need to join the meeting. This information also will be emailed to you so that you need not write it down. If you don’t receive a confirmation email (remember to check your spam folder), please write to the email address at the bottom of this page.
When the online meeting opens (a half hour before the scheduled meeting time, so that participants can test tech and connections), you can join from any Internet-connected computer, tablet, or smartphone, or by dialing in from a regular phone.
- Click on the personalized link in the registration confirmation email (or follow the dial-in instructions if you’re connecting by regular phone).
- The teleconferencing system (Zoom) will prompt you to download and install software or apps as necessary. If you’re using a Mac, you may need to allow software installation from “approved developers” or “anywhere”.
- You will then be asked whether you wish to use your computer, tablet, or smartphone’s camera and audio. You should say Yes, unless you plan only to watch and listen.
- You will be held in a “waiting room” until the host admits you to the meeting.
- Your camera will be enabled and your microphone muted by default. It’s good online protocol to stay muted unless you’re called on or have something to say.
- You can unmute yourself if necessary by clicking the small microphone icon toward the bottom left corner of your screen (or on a menu if you’re on a tablet or smartphone).
- You can start or stop your camera using the small camera icon next to the microphone icon. Clicking on the carets/arrows to the right of the mute or video icons lets you choose which microphone, speakers, and camera to use, if you have more than one.
- To be called on in a meeting, either click the blue “raise hand” icon at the bottom of the Participants list (which you get to by clicking “Participants” at the bottom of the window), or by typing a request to speak in the Chat window (“Chat”), or by waving your hand or otherwise making yourself noticeable–but then please wait until the Chair calls on you. (Although you can easily listen to a meeting by voice phone, it’s hard to get recognized to speak that way, and far better to find a computer, tablet, or smartphone you can use.)
More comprehensive instructions how to join a Zoom meeting and how to test your computer or smartphone setup are available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting should you need them.
If for some reason you cannot register online, or need other assistance in advance of the meeting, then please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.