The LJCPA Trustee meeting videoconference goes live at 5:30pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions. If you prefer not to identify yourself, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions how to attend anonymously by phone.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators, and are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
Call to Order
- Agenda: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJCPA-Trustees-Agenda-5-Aug-2021-b.pdf
- Trustees 7/1 draft minutes: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/DraftMinutes7121.pdf
- PDO 4/12: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/minutes-april-12-2021.pdf
- DPR 5/11: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/dpr-minutes-11-may-2021.pdf
- T&T 5/19: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/tt-minutes-19may21-revised.pdf
- PDO 7/12: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/minutes-pdo-July-12-2021.pdf
- DPR 7/13: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/210713-DPR-Minutes.pdf
- DPR 7/20: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/210720-DPR-Minutes.pdf
- T&T 7/21: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJTTMinutes20210721-final.pdf
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
- La Jolla Plaza PDO 7/12: APPROVE, 7-0-0
- 1627 Kearsarge Rd (688683, Paola/Safdie/Racines) DPR 7/13: CAN, 7-0-1
- La Jolla Farms Outfall Repair (687244, Shamoun) DPR 7/20: CAN, 6-0-1
- End of Summer Run (Loper) T&T 7/21: APPROVE, 6-0-0
- Nautilus Street Beautification (Wilson) T&T 7/21: APPROVE, 6-0-0
- LJ Shores Dr./Vallecitos Intersection (Emerson) T&T 7/21: APPROVE, 6-0-0
- Bonair Street Parking (Rasmussen) T&T 7/21: APPROVE, 6-0-0
- La Jolla Art & Wine Festival (McFarlane) T&T 7/21: APPROVE, 6-0-0
- La Jolla Concours d’ Elegance (McFarlane) T&T 7/21: APPROVE, 6-0-0
Cuvier St Vacation (679621, Williams) (Process 5) Cuvier Street right-of-way vacation, CDP, and lot-line adjustment located south of Prospect Street, next to the La Jolla Recreational Center (615 Prospect) and The Bishop’s School. The site is located in the LJPD-6 and OP-1-1 Zones, and Coastal (Non-appealable-2) Overlay zone within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1. DPR 5/11/21: findings CAN be made, 5-0-2; T&T 5/19/21: APPROVE 10-0-0; PDO 4/12/21: APPROVE 10-0-0 Update presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2021_0508-Cuvier-Vacation-CPA-Meeting-Presentation.pdf Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/21_0701-Cuvier-Vacation-Presentation.pdf Earlier slides: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/scan20210419091604.pdf Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Cuvier-Set.pdf Parking exhibit: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/CuvierProspectDiagonalParkingExhibit.pdf 1st assessment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/679621-Cuvier-Vacation-1st-AL-04.12.21.pdf
Code Compliance (Kane)
There are several additional cases of intentional skirting of DSD permitting requirements and permit conditions in La Jolla beyond those already mentioned in meetings and letters to Trustees. Community members, their representatives and the LJ CPA are clearly having no effect one project at a time. However, a pattern of egregious behavior is harder to ignore. The CPA Trustees will determine how to proceed. Options include informing both City Council and the Mayor about DSD’s inadequacies and petitioning for more Code Compliance resources, changes in administrative processes, codes, etc.
- Ad Hoc Committee presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJCPA-Coastal-View-Corridors-Aug-2021.pdf
- Ad Hoc Committee recommendations (updated 7/2021): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/updated-view-corridor-recommendations.pdf
- Code compliance issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/code_compliance_issues.pdf
- View easement tracker: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/View-Corridor-Easement-Tracker-FINAL.xlsx
Blueprint San Diego is a new approach to community planning that will help meet the City’s housing and climate goals, while providing greater and more inclusive opportunities for public input. This data-driven, citywide framework will allow San Diegans to shape how climate-friendly community development will occur in their neighborhoods. Blueprint San Diego will further the City’s Climate Action Plan goals by encouraging housing and new development where people can walk, bike, or take transit. This approach will provide an equitable framework for future development throughout the City that provides access to opportunity and housing for everyone.
Ad Hoc Monitoring Committee: Angeles Leira, Glen Rasumussen, Dave Ish, Jim Fitzgerald, Joe Terry, Larry Davidson
- City website: https://www.sandiego.gov/blueprint-sd
- Mayor’s Press Release: https://www.sandiego.gov/mayor/mayor-gloria-announces-%E2%80%98homes-all-us%E2%80%99-housing-package
- PEIR Notice of Preparation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Notice-of-Preparation-of-a-Draft-PEIR-for-Blueprint-San-Diego.pdf
- EIR Scoping meeting Notice: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/notice_of_preparation_for_blueprint_sd.pdf
- Housing for All of Us Fact Sheet: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/housing_for_all_of_us_fact_sheet_0.pdf
Parks Master Plan Update (Kane)
- Support letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/CPA080121.pdf
- PARC recommendations 7/29/21: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PARC-Recommendations-for-City-Council-per-Staff-Report-PSLN-amendments-Errata-FINAL-7-29-21.pdf
- PARC update: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PARC-update.pdf
- Notes from 6/25 meeting with Planning staff: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PARC-meeting-with-Plng.-Dept.-recap.pdf
- Letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/FINAL-PARC-Comment_Letter_PMP_6_15_21.pdf
- Presentation: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/prbr210617a-item101a.pdf
ADU Regulations (Kane)
Beach Parking (Kane)
- Parks & Rec request: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Letter-from-PR-to-Coastal-Advisory-and-Stakeholder-Groups-RE-Proposed-Parking-Lot-Nighttime-Closures-and-Gates.pdf
- Draft letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Draft-Beach-Parking-letter.docx
- Redistricting presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Redistricting-Community-Outreach-Presentation.pdf
Coast Walk (Rasmussen)
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.