The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
(postponed) 416 Nautilus (669815, Marengo) FINAL (Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to convert an existing 263 sf room over a 449 sf detached garage into a Companion Unit at 416 Nautilus St. The project includes adding 104 sf for a Companion Unit totaling 367 sf. The 0.072-acre site contains 2 detached residences on a single lot at 414 and 416 Nautilus Street. The site is in the RM-1-1 Zone, the Coastal (Non-App.-2) Overlay Zone, the Geo Hazard Zone 53, and the Transit Priority area within the La Jolla CPA, and CD 1. Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/A-1.1-Distance-to-P.L.-Aerial-TEEL-A-1-2020-11-16x.pdf Merten d: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Merten-Letter-to-DPR-10-17-2020.pdf
Materials from earlier DPR Proposed site plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/teel-proposed-site-plan.pdf Merten c: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/merten-re-teel-c.pdf Merten b: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/merten-re-teel-7nov2020.pdf Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/416-nautilus-presentation-compressed.pdf Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/669815-Assessment-Letter-Package.pdf Merten (for Wright) a: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Merten-Letter-to-DPR-10-17-2020.pdf Vo email to Merten: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Vo-email-to-Merten.pdf
6375 Avenida Cresta/6360 Via Maria (667263, Duke/Crisafi) FINAL
(Process 2) Coastal Development to demolish 2 existing residences on parcels 351-581-07-00 and 351-581-01-00. Proposing to construct a new 9,181 square-foot residence. Work to include site walls, new driveways and existing two lots to be tied together, located at 6375 Avenida Cresta and 6360 Via Maria.The 0.46-acre site in in the RS-1-7 zone within the Coastal Overlay (non-appealable) zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
- Residence site plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Avenida-Cresta-Residence-Site-Plan.pdf
- Easement drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Easement-Drawing-Package.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/667263-Assessment-Letter-Package.pdf
Materials from earlier DPR
- Drawings and renderings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/20_0818_DPR-Presentation-Avenida-Cresta-Residence.pdf
- First assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/667263-First-Assessment-Letter-JULY-2020.pdf
- First submittal report: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/667263-First-Submittal-Report-JULY-2020.pdf
- First cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/667263-First-Cycle-Issues-JULY-2020.pdf
- Costello comments: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/costello-notes-merged.pdf
1644 Crespo (645117, Torres/Ruland) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development permit to amend CDP 284175, to construct a new detached 893 square-foot companion unit, located at 1644 Crespo Dr. The 0.20-acre site is in the RS-1-5 and Coastal Overlay (Non-Appealable) Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1.
- Applicant presentation
- Submission package: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/645117-as1-Package.pdf
- NORA: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dsd_nora_09-04-2020_crespo_st_cdp_amendment.pdf
220-240 Coast (669736, Mesfin/Benton) PRELIMINARY
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit for an exterior remodel to an existing 3-story residential condo at 220-240 Coast Blvd. The project includes replacing windows, adding new balconies, reconstructing roofs, and new fencing. The 0.76-acre site is in the First Public Roadway, the La Jolla Planned District Zone 5, the Coastal (Appealable Area) Overlay Zone, and the Potential Sensitive Vegetation and Sensitive Coastal Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and CD 1.
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/220-240-Coast-Blvd-Presentation.pdf
- Permit set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/220-240-Coast_Coastal-Development-Permit-Set.pdf
- Materials board: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/220-240-Coast-Blvd-Material-Board.pdf
- First cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/669736-First-Cycle-Issues-OCT-2020.pdf
- First assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/669736-First-Assessment-Letter-OCT-2020.pdf
DPR Bylaws Update RECONSIDERATION
The LJCPA Bylaws create DPR and state that “…A quorum for standing and ad hoc committees shall be a majority of the committee members” (VI.2.B) and “LJCPA actions, including subcommittee votes, only require a simple majority of the voting Trustees, or subcommittee members, in attendance when a quorum is present” (VI.2.A.9).
The DPR Bylaws call for specific numbers of attendees, voters, or votes. So long as DPR is fully populated with 10 voting members the differences are unimportant (in that case “50%” and “5” are the same, for example, as are “majority” and “6”), but when there are vacancies (as has been the norm recently) the differences can slow DPR’s work. Moreover, in one case (defining a quorum) the DPR bylaws fall short of what LJCPA’s bylaws require.
The LJCPA Bylaw provisions, being more recent, supersede the older DPR provisions since the LJCPA Bylaws are where DPR is created and defined. The proposed amendments bring DPR’s bylaws into conformance with LJCPA’s, and clarify one ambiguity. Trustees and DPR members were notified of these proposed amendments on Sep 29.
- Current (2009) DPR bylaws: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dpr-bylaws-2009.pdf
- Proposed DPR bylaws (redline changes from 2009 to 2020): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dpr-bylaws-2009-redline.pdf
- Proposed DPR bylaws (2020): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dpr-bylaws-2020.pdf
Structure Height Measurement
- Prop D items to consider: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/prop-d-items-to-consider.pdf
- How to measure: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/how-to-measure.pdf
- Code ch11art03div02: https://docs.sandiego.gov/municode/MuniCodeChapter11/Ch11Art03Division02.pdf
- Height limit diagram: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Height-Limit.jpg
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Re: Letter to UC Regents Thank you to Diane Kane and the Trustees for the Letter to UC Regents on…
IN PUBLIC COMMENT: On behalf of Melinda Merryweather and myself, I’d like to report that the City has installed one…
Regarding 304-306 Kolmar: In my opinion this proposal does not fit the neighborhood’s character, but (1) this determination is purely…
We must take this opportunity to make our neighborhoods less car centric and more people friendly. Think of all the…
My family and I use sidewalks to access both essential services and get much needed outdoor recreation that provides both…