The videoconference for the LJCPA meeting goes live around 5:30 pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions. If you prefer not to identify yourself, please write to email@example.com for instructions how to attend anonymously by phone.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators. They are made available here solely for viewing and use by LJCPA, its committees, and meeting attendees during community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be saved, used, viewed, or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder (typically the applicant).
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
- Trustees 12/1: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/MInutes-LJCPA-Trustee-Mtg-12_1_22-Draft.docx-1.pdf
- T&T 10/19: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/LJTTMinutes20221019-final.pdf
- PDO 11/14: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/LJ-PDO-MINUTES-11.14.22-1.pdf
- DPR 11/15: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/221115-DRP-Minutes.pdf
- PRC 11/17: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/LJSPRC-11_17_22-minutes-saved.pdf
- DPR 12/13: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/221213-DPR-Minutes.pdf
- DPR 12/20: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/221220-DPR-Minutes.pdf
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
- 5268 La Jolla Blvd (1061390, Piermarini) DPR 12/13: CAN, N-N-N
- 7522 & 7554 Draper/7607 La Jolla Blvd “Bishop’s School Amendment” (698140, Williams) T&T 10/19 APPROVE 6-0-0; PDO 11/14 CAN 6-0-2; DPR 12/13: CAN, 6-0-1
5575 La Jolla Blvd “Adelante Townhomes” (1073585, Wynn) DPR 12/20: CAN, 5-1-1
5680 La Jolla Blvd “Paradisea Sidewalk Cafe” (1071808, Remen/Bennett)
(Process 2) Neighborhood Use Permit for a 342 square foot sidewalk café where a deviation is requested to extend beyond 4 feet 6 inches from the building facade. The Property site is located at 5680 La Jolla Blvd in the La Jolla Planned District-4 zone and the Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay zone within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1.
PDO 11/14: Would like the applicant to RETURN, 6-0-0
DPR 11/15: APPROVE, 5-1-1
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/2022-1107-Piano-Bldg_SIDEWALK-CAFE_PARADISAEA_DPR.pdf
- Submittal plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/2022-1012-Piano-Bldg_SIDEWALK-CAFE_SUBMITTAL.pdf
- Assessment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/PRJ-1071808-5680-La-Jolla-Sidewalk-Cafe-LTR-10-21-22.pdf
- Cycle (added 1/4): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Project-Issues-Report-PRJ-1071808.pdf
6260 Waverly (1050666, Crisafi) (Process 3) Site Development Permit for a 572 square-foot pool pavilion, shoring walls, and site stairs at 6260 Waverly Avenue. The 0.73-acre site is in the RS-1-1 and RS-1-7 Zones and Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1 DPR 11/15: APPROVE, 4-1-1
- Presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RhxWOeaXc7IiREjF3m71xjKEO_1uNZjT/view?usp=share_link
- Submitted plans: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/ER0UvPOTsv9OlTFs7anRR_oBNR-rQlW98sW0oisnqk2JnQ?e=1VK8Pe
- Assessment: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EUjFAfqLE3lAiXlVMigUpTgBWK2oaRukutyAc83fB-XcOw?e=z85Ubb
- Cycle: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EZ1qpleQuA1JkvzIPJC6ZzoBbDFfkOMLNAVLUHPNrjkjzw?e=1MoXcK
8311 El Paseo Grande “Gibby Residence” (1053312, Golba)
(Process 3) New Coastal Development Permit and La Jolla Shores SDP for a First Floor and Basement remodel and a Second Story addition to an existing s.f.r. Prior Single Discipline Preliminary Review for Historical Cleared (PTD # 684701)
PRC 11/17: findings CANNOT be made, 3-2-1
Bulk and scale and lack of articulation on the side walls
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/GIBBY-RESIDENCE-Remodel-PRESENTATION-11-16-22-PRC.pdf
- Submittal plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/GIBBY-RESIDENCE-current-set-for-LJCPA-1-5-23.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Project-Issues-Report-PRJ-1053312-12-27-22.pdf
- Historical: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Historical-Clearance-Gibby-Residence-Remodel.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.