The meeting videoconference will go live around 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators, and are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used, reproduced, or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
7116 Vista del Mar (691944, Marengo) FINAL
(Process 2) Substantial Conformance Review for a modification to existing jacuzzi and landscape on a site with a two-story, 3,463 square-foot single family residence approve per CDP No. 6794 (PTS 4116). The site is located at 7116 Vista del Mar in the RS-1-7 zone, Coastal (Appealable) Overlay Zone, Coastal Height Limit, Sensitive Coastal Resources, in the La Jolla Community Plan. CD 1
- Presentation (revised): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Zaides-Pool-Presentation-02.07.22.pdf
- Plans (9/2021): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Building-Construction-Plans-PTS-06919441.pdf
- Exhibit A: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Exhibit-A-Approved-PTS-0691944-1.pdf
- Recorded permit: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Development-Permit-Recorded-PTS-0691944.pdf
- Application: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/General-Application-DS-3032-PTS-0691944.pdf
5648 La Jolla Hermosa Av (696584, Leon) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to maintain an unpermitted 511 square foot Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU), on a site with an existing 2,145 square foot single-family residence, located at 5648 La Jolla Hermosa Avenue. The 0.13-acre site is in the RS-1-7 and Coastal Overlay (Non-Appealable) zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, in Council District 1.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Presentation-2022-02-08.pdf
- Submission plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/West-Residence-2022-02-03.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Draft-ReviewCycle_Issues_-11-23-2021.pdf
1141-1171 Coast Blvd (676701, Benton) FINAL (revised scope)
(Process 3) Neighborhood Use Permit and Coastal Development Permit to construct an open air landscape deck on an existing concrete deck above a two-level underground parking garage at the La Jolla Cove Hotel and Suites located at 1141-1171 Coast Boulevard. The 1.32-acre site is in the La Jolla Planned District Zone 5, the Coastal (Appealable Area) Overlay Zone, and the Sensitive Coastal Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Planning area, and Council District 1.
Increased scope July 8th, 2021: (a) add 10,590 sf of building footprint to the south of the project area, aligned with the existing retaining walls at the east and west; (b) add two levels of parking at the same elevation as the existing adjacent parking decks; (c) rebuild top deck with landscaping and swimming pool, totaling 10,590 sf. At the same elevation of existing pool deck
- Presentation: (forthcoming)
- 3rd cycle issues (Sep 2021): https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EfdInAG37VRAmCcxs1n_n9cByXqjOdR-YvabnlI9aRR5Fw?e=dgFiKD
Materials from 2/16/21 DPR (CAN, 7-0-1)
- Neri presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/020921-Cove-Suites-DPR-Presentation.pdf
- Benton presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/paraiso-210204-set.compressed.pdf
- Landscape (L1): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/NLA_PAR-LDP-L1.pdf
- Landscape (L2): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/NLA_PAR-LDP-L2.pdf
- Plans: https://apps.sandiego.gov/directories/development-services/docs/Building%20Construction%20Plans%20PTS-0676701%201st%20sub.pdf
- Basement exemptions: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/BASEMENT-EXEMPTIONS.docx
- Letter to Elliot about 50%: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CPA-cover-letter.docx
- Proposed amendment to 50%: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/LDC-Exemption-Proposal-14Jan-2020FINAL.docx
- Proposed code wording for 50%: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/SUGGESTED-ADDITION-TO-THE-SAN-DIEGO-MUNICIPAL-CODE-DK-rev.docx
- Incentive zoning: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Tailored-Zone.v5-0401817.doc
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Hello Diane, Many parties have contacted Commission staff about this property (6110 Camino de la Costa) , yet to date,…
Bishop’s School Expansion Project – Batting Cage at 7552 /4/6 Draper Avenue, La Jolla We respectfully ask that the proposed…
These comments are submitted for consideration with AGENDA ITEM 5, the proposed Herschel Avenue Coastal Development Permit (CDP) application, Project…
Item 5: 2072 Via Casa Alta – JAVAHERI RESIDENCE The Structure Height of the proposed project EXCEEDS the MAXIMUM ALLOWED…
I just think this project looks great! I think it will be a fine addition to La Jolla and much…