The videoconference for the LJCPA meeting goes live around 5:30pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions. If you prefer not to identify yourself, please write to email@example.com for instructions how to attend anonymously by phone.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators, and are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
- DPR 3/15: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/dpr-minutes-15mar22.pdf
- PRC 3/21: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/LJSPRC-min-3_21_22.pdf
- Trustees 4/7: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/LJCPA-Trustee-Minutes-Draft-April-7-2022.pdf
- PDO 4/11: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/LJ-PDO-minutes-4.11.22.pdf
- DPR 4/12: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/220412-DPR-Minutes.pdf
- PRC 4/18: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/LJSPRC-4_18_22-minutes.pdf
- T&T 4/20: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/ljttminutes20220420-final.pdf
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
- Barry Lawrence Ruderman Antique Maps, Inc (Sheredy) PDO 4/11: Approve, 10-0-0
- 7762 Bishops Lane (695347, Safdie/Rabines) DPR 4/12: Can, 6-0-1
- 8457 Prestwick Dr (696766, Sparks) PRC 4/18: Can, 4-3-0
- Via Capri Traffic Calming Measures (Zabka) T&T 4/20: Approve, 10-0-0
- Indian Wedding Baraat (McNicol) T&T 4/20: Approve, 8-1-1
- Concerts by the Sea/Scripps Park (Zatkin): T&T 4/20: Approve, 9-0-0
735 Nautilus (693284, Podeswik)
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to demolish existing single family residence and construct two new, two-story single family residences with basements that will include junior ADU’s within each unit at 735 Nautilus Street. The 0.15-acre site is located in the RM-1-1 Base Zone and Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay and Coastal Height Limit Overlay, and Parking Impact Zones within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1.
DPR 3/15: findings CAN be made, 3-2-1
- Updated plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/735-Nautilus-031422BOUND.pdf
- Earlier presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUS011822.pdf
- East elevation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUSESASTELEV_000258.pdf
- Street montage: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/735-NAUTILUS-ELEV.pdf
- Revised plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/nautilus-21dec21-merged.pdf
- Grading plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/1418D-Nautilus_Grading-Plans.pdf
- Landscape plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/SRC21171_NAUTALUS_LCP_Landscaping.pdf
- Submission plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/0693284-Building-Construction-Plans-Nautilus.pdf
- Sketch: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/FRONTSKETCH_000098.pdf
- Elevations: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUSELEV_000076.pdf
- Boundaries: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUSBOUND2.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/693284-Cycle-Issues-11-16-21.pdf
7981 Dorado Court (698729, Perlman)
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to remodel the existing house on the first floor and add a new second story ADU with a roof deck over the existing attached garage located at 7981 Dorado Court. The .48-acre site is zoned LJSPD-SF and is within the Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay Zone, Coastal Height Limit and Transit Overlay Zones in the La Jolla Community Plan area and Council District 1.
PRC 3/21: findings CAN be made, 7-0-1
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/DORADO-CT-PRESENTATION-220425.pdf
- Submitted plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/DORADO-CT-DEV-PLANS-211118.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/698729-Dig-Carrizo-Dr-Multi-Assessment-Letter-3.25.2022-oxs.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/698729_Review-Cycle_Issues-3.11.2022.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Item 9 – 735 Nautilus Street
The required Finding for a Coastal Development Permit cannot be made because the project exceeds the maximum allowed structure height limit.
Please see an in-depth explanation as to how the project exceeds the maximum structure height limit at :
I do not see any information on the website or on the May 2022 LJCPA meeting agenda regarding special election of trustee to fill John Shannon’s term limit. Seeking clarification if this seat will remain open until regular March 2023 election.
Item 9 – 735 Nautilus Street
To further illustrate the degree to which the proposed 735 NAUTILUS STREET project exceeds the 30 ft. maximum allowed structure height limit, please see my second letter dated May 3, 2022 at: