The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators, and are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used, reproduced, or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
1. 6361 Harley Dr (683214, Wood) FINAL
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit for demo of an existing 1-story, 3,770 sf single family residence and construction of new 2-story, 6,699 sf single family residence with attached garage over a 1,649 sf basement for a total of 8,348 sf at 6361 Hartley Dr. The project also includes a detached 531 sf Accessory Dwelling Unit, pool and site improvements. The 0.50-acre site is in the RS-1-2 Zone and Coastal (Non-App.) OZ within the La Jolla Community Plan, and Council District 1.
- Presentation (updated)
- Historic clearance: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fErzT6VduPUMhR56qsQUD8KSHgWnUO12/view?usp=sharing
- Historic report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H4lBmHwLzO612I1WjAnHopLaYrBjMVx6/view?usp=sharing
- Drawings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13PwX6z3jMSzSOl_BihQoj5ttAGFXit2q/view?usp=sharing
- 1st cycle issues: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EW9pQ3sDT5FCtnhYz6olMg0BGDRkiU-ExY5dH1EQdSSuzA?e=VWgnTf
- 1st assessment letter: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/ET2ivfpKtjtIhPdesK3wWHEBtZn6HxiUScDOTrMuTK7tgQ?e=nUFxUV
- 1st submittal report: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/ES7XdOS4FgFLs0BL1fy-eTgBYx8ujh-7POlJluZFvksKWg?e=jfLHBi
2. 7362 Brodiaea Way (680384, Sammon) FINAL
(Process 2 ) Substantial Conformance Review in reference to CDP 1367758 & SDP 1466667.Change in plans consisting of removal of proposed driveway and garage at Encelia Dr. Garage is now proposed as a complete underground structure within the approved building envelope.
- Presentation (updated 4/19/21): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/21_0419_DPR-Presentation-2.compressed.pdf
- Plans: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11DLh3YIPjEbTo6OJkIpNQxwuq-8M0gAe/view?usp=sharing
- 1st assessment: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hqvAN0fOOofiqJSM6KDO56paCZODOFxm/view?usp=sharing
- SDP approval: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ghn5AU6MyDUmoatn2Vm_ky9PxhLv8_C3/view?usp=sharing
- Exhibit A: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UOTRKxtsfyuRUbhphsTH1nHGxJJrRUyW/view?usp=sharing
3. Cuvier St Vacation (679621, Williams) FINAL
(Process 5) Cuvier Street right-of-way vacation, CDP, and lot-line adjustment located south of Prospect Street, next to the La Jolla Recreational Center (615 Prospect) and The Bishop’s School. The site is located in the LJPD-6 and OP-1-1 Zones, and Coastal (Non-appealable-2) Overlay zone within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1.
- Slides: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/scan20210419091604.pdf
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Cuvier-Set.pdf
- Parking exhibit: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/CuvierProspectDiagonalParkingExhibit.pdf
- 1st assessment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/679621-Cuvier-Vacation-1st-AL-04.12.21.pdf
4. Wall St Pedestrian Plaza
Request for letter of recommendation in support of concept … to make this happen
ASAP as a temporary “proof of concept” for a more permanent installation.
- Draft letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Letter-Of-Support-Wall-St-Closure-Concept-DPR.doc
- LJVMA letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/ljvma-re-wall-st.pdf
- Puesto CDP 1st assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/1026-1044-Wall-Street-AL-PTS-679452.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
My question with respect to Cuvier Steet Vacation is the impact on Bishop’s School drop off and pick up of…
As a La Jolla resident, I write to express my opposition to the placemaking. I preface my comments by saying…
Anyone who has travelled in the old cities of Europe know that the charm often comes from the cafe tables…
Item 2. Brodiaea: Thank you to Island Arch. for the revised (information on Materials Page dated 4/19/2021) materials. The line-of-site…
In regard to the Cuvier Street project, I strongly recommend a fence and significant trees/bushes at the perimeter of the…