The meeting videoconference will go live around 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators, and are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used, reproduced, or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
735 Nautilus (693284, Podeswik) FINAL
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to demolish existing single family residence and construct two new, two-story single family residences with basements that will include junior ADU’s within each unit at 735 Nautilus Street. The 0.15-acre site is located in the RM-1-1 Base Zone and Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay and Coastal Height Limit Overlay, and Parking Impact Zones within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1.
- Updated plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/735-Nautilus-031422BOUND.pdf
- Earlier presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUS011822.pdf
- East elevation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUSESASTELEV_000258.pdf
- Street montage: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/735-NAUTILUS-ELEV.pdf
- Revised plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/nautilus-21dec21-merged.pdf
- Grading plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/1418D-Nautilus_Grading-Plans.pdf
- Landscape plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/SRC21171_NAUTALUS_LCP_Landscaping.pdf
- Submission plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/0693284-Building-Construction-Plans-Nautilus.pdf
- Sketch: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/FRONTSKETCH_000098.pdf
- Elevations: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUSELEV_000076.pdf
- Boundaries: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUSBOUND2.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/693284-Cycle-Issues-11-16-21.pdf
1141-1171 Coast Blvd (676701, Benton) FINAL (revised scope)
(Process 3) Neighborhood Use Permit and Coastal Development Permit to construct an open air landscape deck on an existing concrete deck above a two-level underground parking garage at the La Jolla Cove Hotel and Suites located at 1141-1171 Coast Boulevard. The 1.32-acre site is in the La Jolla Planned District Zone 5, the Coastal (Appealable Area) Overlay Zone, and the Sensitive Coastal Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Planning area, and Council District 1.
Increased scope July 8th, 2021: (a) add 10,590 sf of building footprint to the south of the project area, aligned with the existing retaining walls at the east and west; (b) add two levels of parking at the same elevation as the existing adjacent parking decks; (c) rebuild top deck with landscaping and swimming pool, totaling 10,590 sf. At the same elevation of existing pool deck
- Presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rYERUlaEIjvFtMeOttZql9vo0gNevdd0/view?usp=sharing
- 3rd cycle issues (Sep 2021): https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EfdInAG37VRAmCcxs1n_n9cByXqjOdR-YvabnlI9aRR5Fw?e=dgFiKD
Materials from 2/16/21 DPR (CAN, 7-0-1)
- Neri presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/020921-Cove-Suites-DPR-Presentation.pdf
- Benton presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/paraiso-210204-set.compressed.pdf
- Landscape (L1): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/NLA_PAR-LDP-L1.pdf
- Landscape (L2): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/NLA_PAR-LDP-L2.pdf
- Plans: https://apps.sandiego.gov/directories/development-services/docs/Building%20Construction%20Plans%20PTS-0676701%201st%20sub.pdf
6253 Dowling Dr (695749, Lupton) FINAL
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to convert existing one story residence into a 4,258 square foot two-story duplex with attached tandem garages, located at 6253 Dowling Drive. The 0.13-acre site is in the RM-1-1 Base Zone and Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay Zone, and Coastal Height Limit Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
- Fay corridor photos: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Hangartner-Fay-Ave-Corridor-pics.pdf
- Historic package: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Hangartner-Historic-Package.pdf
- Street montage: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Hangartner-street-photo-montage.jpg
- Resubmittal plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Hangartner-CDP-Resubmittal-Plan-Set.pdf
- Original presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Dowling-presentation.pdf
- Submission plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6253-Dowling-CDP-plan-set.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6253-Dowling-Cycle-Issues.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6253-Dowling-Assessment-Letter.pdf
760 Van Nuys (697834, Lupton) FINAL
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit for a new 2-story 1,200 square foot detached ADU with a new attached 2-car garage at 760 Van Nuys Street. The 0.12-acre site is located in the RS-1-7 base zone and the Coastal (non-appealable) Overlay zone, and Costal Height Limit, Parking Impact Overlay Zones within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1.
- Street photos: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/760VanNuys-street-photo-montage.jpg
- Historic package: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/760-Van-Nuys-historic-package.pdf
- Resubmission plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/760-Van-Nuys-CDP-plan-set-resubmittal.pdf
- Submission plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/760-Van-Nuys-CDP-plan-set.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/697834-Cycle-Issues-01-31-22.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/697834-1st-Assessment-Letter-02-01-22.pdf
La Jolla Master Plan (Wilson) Presentation (174 slides, pptx, full resolution, 320MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdvlm7xfc5c90be/LA%20JOLLA%20MASTER%20PLAN%20-%20La%20Jolla%20CPA%20Development%20Permit%20Review%20Committee.pptx?dl=0 Presentation (pptx, compressed, 65MB): https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EbokGC5FK5VEgNH-IW7tz9wBO94ImL_MlXpRAXYiXMwGPg?e=z5l8CW Presentation (pdf, 30MB): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/LA-JOLLA-MASTER-PLAN-La-Jolla-CPA-Development-Permit-Review-Committee.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
The La Jolla Community Planning Association will have a special election to fill a midyear vacancy and is encouraging anyone…
Item 9 – 735 Nautilus Street To further illustrate the degree to which the proposed 735 NAUTILUS STREET project exceeds…
I do not see any information on the website or on the May 2022 LJCPA meeting agenda regarding special election…
Item 9 – 735 Nautilus Street The required Finding for a Coastal Development Permit cannot be made because the project…
I am writing regarding anticipated presentation of the La Jolla Village Streetscape Plan at the February 3, 2022 LJCPA meeting.…