The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
6767⅓ Neptune Pl, Windansea Barrier (666879, Neri)
(Process 4) CDP and SDP for a Public-Private partnership to install public improvements along the west side of Neptune Pl. between Westbourne St & Palomar Ave. Improvement to include continuation of post and barriers, benches, trash receptacles and construction of a belvedere (gazebo). The 2.75-acre (approximately 1,376 linear feet) site is in the OP-1-1 and RM-3-7 Base Zones and Coastal (App.) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan Area and CD1.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Windansea-Slope-Protection-Belvedere-LJDPR-020921.pdf
- 1st cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/1st-Cycle-Issues_666879_NLA_020721.pdf
- 2000 plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/WindanSea-Plan-Approved-2000.pdf
- 2000 plan 2018 updates: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Windansea2000ApprovedPlanwith2018updates.pdf
- Demolished belvedere: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Windansea-Beach-Belvedere-attm-CCC-120218final.pdf
- DPR minutes 2018: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/LJPRC-approval-12.11.2018.pdf
- LJ Light article: https://www.lajollalight.com/news/story/2021-01-28/eyesore-charming-residents-have-differing-views-of-planned-windansea-gazebo-replacement
- LJHS comment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/LJHS_KSBR_10.4.18.pdf
- P&B comment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/LJPB-letter-on-Kolmar-belvedere-12.12.2018.pdf
- Best comment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/best-re-belvedere.pdf
- Woods comment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/woods-re-belvedere.pdf
- Woods letter to P&B: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/woods-letter-to-pb.pdf
- Baracchini letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/baracchini-Windansea-Belvedere-Opposition-Letter.pdf
- Knox letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/knox-email-re-gazebo.pdf
- Ewell photos: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/ewell-photos-belvedere.pdf
- Article from 1983: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/24feb83-re-belvedere-scaled.jpeg
- Support emails (~35 in one file): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/210209-Belvedere-Support.pdf
- Cory Brown Joseph emails: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/cory-brown-joseph-emails-belvedere.pdf
1141-1171 Coast Blvd (676701, Benton)
(Process 3) Neighborhood Use Permit and Coastal Development Permit to construct an open air landscape deck on an existing concrete deck above a two-level underground parking garage at the La Jolla Cove Hotel and Suites located at 1141-1171 Coast Boulevard. The 1.32-acre site is in the La Jolla Planned District Zone 5, the Coastal (Appealable Area) Overlay Zone, and the Sensitive Coastal Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Planning area, and Council District 1.
- Neri presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/020921-Cove-Suites-DPR-Presentation.pdf
- Benton presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/paraiso-210204-set.compressed.pdf
- Landscape (L1): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/NLA_PAR-LDP-L1.pdf
- Landscape (L2): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/NLA_PAR-LDP-L2.pdf
- Plans: https://apps.sandiego.gov/directories/development-services/docs/Building%20Construction%20Plans%20PTS-0676701%201st%20sub.pdf
Code Update (Kane, Will)
2021 Code Update: Status report of LDC code revisions submitted to City in 2020; brainstorming session on potential Code Revisions to submit in 2021 cycle. See Materials page of CPA website for list of previously submitted issues. 2021 submittals may include additional items not identified on 2020 list.
- SDMC Height limit & Will notes: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/SDMC-Height-Limit.pdf
- Code issues matrix: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2021-code-changes-issues.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
With respect to 6208 Avenida Cresta, please ensure the proposed remodel has the appropriate side yard setbacks. The current garage…
Spaces and Places. I believe that you should do a traffic study of the Avenida De La Playa closure. This…
Listening in on the La Jolla Farms Outfall Repair project.
I live just down Draper Avenue from the Rec Center. I and my kids have used a lot over the…
For the Cuvier Street Vacation item: Proposal for Public Benefits to Rec. Center Expansion Bishops should deliver a finished graded…