The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
416 Nautilus (669815, Marengo) FINAL
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to convert an existing 263 sf room over a 449 sf detached garage into a Companion Unit at 416 Nautilus St. The project includes adding 104 sf for a Companion Unit totaling 367 sf. The 0.072-acre site contains 2 detached residences on a single lot at 414 and 416 Nautilus Street. The site is in the RM-1-1 Zone, the Coastal (Non-App.-2) Overlay Zone, the Geo Hazard Zone 53, and the Transit Priority area within the La Jolla CPA, and CD 1.
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/A-1.1-Distance-to-P.L.-Aerial-TEEL-A-1-2020-11-16x.pdf
- Distance to PL: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/A-1.1-Distance-to-P.L.-Aerial-TEEL-A-1-2020-11-16x.pdf
- Applicant attorney re Merten: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Ltr-LJ-DPR-re-416-Nautilus-12Dec20-4822-5183-7396-v.1.pdf
- Merten f: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Merten-Letter-to-DPR-12-8-2020.pdf
- Merten e: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/merten-e.pdf
- Merten d: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Merten-Letter-to-DPR-10-17-2020.pdf
Materials from earlier DPR
- Proposed site plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/teel-proposed-site-plan.pdf
- Merten c: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/merten-re-teel-c.pdf
- Merten b: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/merten-re-teel-7nov2020.pdf
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/416-nautilus-presentation-compressed.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/669815-Assessment-Letter-Package.pdf
- Merten a (for Wright): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Merten-Letter-to-DPR-10-17-2020.pdf
- Vo email to Merten: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Vo-email-to-Merten.pdf
1644 Crespo (645117, Torres/Ruland) FINAL
(Process 2) Coastal Development permit to amend CDP 284175, to construct a new detached 893 square-foot companion unit, located at 1644 Crespo Dr. The 0.20-acre site is in the RS-1-5 and Coastal Overlay (Non-Appealable) Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1.
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/645117-Crespo-St-CDP-Presentation-12072020.pptx
- Morreale site section: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Morreale-Site-Section_120420.pdf
- Grading plan: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/03_C-2.pdf
- Main house photo: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Crespo-Main-House-scaled.jpg
- ADU materials elevation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Crespo-ADU-Material-Elevation.jpg
- Materials colors: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Crespo-Material-Colors.pdf
Materials from earlier DPR
- Applicant presentation
- Submission package: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/645117-as1-Package.pdf
- NORA: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dsd_nora_09-04-2020_crespo_st_cdp_amendment.pdf
220-240 Coast (669736, Mesfin/Benton) FINAL
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit for an exterior remodel to an existing 3-story residential condo at 220-240 Coast Blvd. The project includes replacing windows, adding new balconies, reconstructing roofs, and new fencing. The 0.76-acre site is in the First Public Roadway, the La Jolla Planned District Zone 5, the Coastal (Appealable Area) Overlay Zone, and the Potential Sensitive Vegetation and Sensitive Coastal Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and CD 1.
- Applicant update: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/220-240-Coast_2nd-DPR-Meeting.pdf
Materials from earlier DPR
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/220-240-Coast-Blvd-Presentation.pdf
- Permit set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/220-240-Coast_Coastal-Development-Permit-Set.pdf
- Materials board: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/220-240-Coast-Blvd-Material-Board.pdf
- First cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/669736-First-Cycle-Issues-OCT-2020.pdf
- First assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/669736-First-Assessment-Letter-OCT-2020.pdf
Structure Height Measurement
- Prop D items to consider: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/prop-d-items-to-consider.pdf
- How to measure: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/how-to-measure.pdf
- Code ch11art03div02: https://docs.sandiego.gov/municode/MuniCodeChapter11/Ch11Art03Division02.pdf
- Height limit diagram: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Height-Limit.jpg
6657-6663 Tyrian (670265, Marengo) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit for a proposed 760-square-foot companion unit with deck over an existing detached garage on a site with an existing single-story duplex located at 6657-6663 Tyrian St. The 0.12-acre site is in the RM-1-1 Zone, Coastal Height, Coastal (Non-Appealable Area 2), Transit Area, and Transit Priority Area Overlay Zones within the La Jolla Community Plan Area. Council District 1.
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Hello Diane, Many parties have contacted Commission staff about this property (6110 Camino de la Costa) , yet to date,…
Bishop’s School Expansion Project – Batting Cage at 7552 /4/6 Draper Avenue, La Jolla We respectfully ask that the proposed…
These comments are submitted for consideration with AGENDA ITEM 5, the proposed Herschel Avenue Coastal Development Permit (CDP) application, Project…
Item 5: 2072 Via Casa Alta – JAVAHERI RESIDENCE The Structure Height of the proposed project EXCEEDS the MAXIMUM ALLOWED…
I just think this project looks great! I think it will be a fine addition to La Jolla and much…