The meeting videoconference will go live around 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators, and are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used, reproduced, or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
5655 La Jolla Hermosa (694482, Bentley) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to remodel existing detached garage and add an ADU above at a site with an existing single family residence located at 5655 La Jolla Hermosa Avenue. The 0.14-La Jolla Development Permit Review Committee acre site is in the RS-1-7 Base Zone, Coastal Height Limit Overlay Zone, Coastal Overlay Zone (N-APP-2), Parking Impact Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Bentley-694482-DPR-Presentation.pptx
- Submission plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Bentley-694482-ADU_Coastal-Set.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Bentley-694482-Draft-Cycle-Issues-11-04-21.pdf
5648 La Jolla Hermosa (696584, Leon/Lyon) (Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to maintain an unpermitted 511 square foot Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU), on a site with an existing 2,145 square foot single-family residence, located at 5648 La Jolla Hermosa Avenue. The 0.13-acre site is in the RS-1-7 and Coastal Overlay (Non-Appealable) zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, in Council District 1.
735 Nautilus (693284, Podeswik) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to demolish existing single family residence and construct two new, two-story single family residences with basements that will include junior ADU’s within each unit at 735 Nautilus Street. The 0.15-acre site is located in the RM-1-1 Base Zone and Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay and Coastal Height Limit Overlay, and Parking Impact Zones within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1.
- Submission plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/0693284-Building-Construction-Plans-Nautilus.pdf
- Sketch: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/FRONTSKETCH_000098.pdf
- Elevations: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUSELEV_000076.pdf
- Boundaries: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NAUTILUSBOUND2.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/693284-Cycle-Issues-11-16-21.pdf
1540 La Jolla Rancho (697397, Lowry) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit for a new two story 8,136 sf single family residence with a pool, a 742 sf attached 3 car garage, a 876 attached 4 car garage and a 1234 sf ADU at 1540 La Jolla Rancho Rd. the 0.99-acre site is located in the RS-1-1 zone and the Coastal (non-appealable) zone within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1.
- Submittal plans: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YuPk_C95xwyz76-xRfpV7ns0piQFNX9Y/view?usp=sharing
- Engineering review: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJR_Review-2_Engineering.pdf
- Geology review: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJR_Review-2_Geology.pdf
- Environmental review: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJR_Review-2_Environmental.pdf
- Historic review: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJR_Review-2_Historic.pdf
Streetscape Plan (696365, Steele) PRELIMINARY
The plan intends to create a pedestrian promenade along Prospect Street, improve crosswalk safety and corner pop-out areas on Girard Avenue, expand art offerings and enhance overall street experience in The Village.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Draft-PPT-Final-DPR.pdf
- Submission plans: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnQ9Om7tBRuAg8pSitfh0Vnxg0hixA?e=Sd8aoR
- Initial issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/696365-La-Jolla-Streetscape-Improvements-Project-DRAFT-Prelim-Issues.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Regarding Villano and Dr Wright comments above , these are the exact issues and are an excellent representation of the…
627 Genter Proposal I am Dr. Kenneth Wright. I am a board member authorized to speak on behalf of the…
Please see revised neighborhood map.
We have consolidated the concerns of several neighbors who live in the immediate surrounding properties who would be directly affected…
Agenda Item 7 – K-4 RESIDENCE, 7595 Hillside Drive Please see the letter regarding the proposed project’s NON-PROTECTION of the…