The LJCPA Trustee meeting videoconference goes live at 5:30pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators, and are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
Call to Order
- Agenda: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/trustee-agenda-1-jul-2021.pdf
- Trustees 6/3 draft minutes: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/DraftMinutes-3-June-2021-b.pdf
- PDO 4/12: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/minutes-april-12-2021.pdf
- DPR 5/11: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/dpr-minutes-11-may-2021.pdf
- T&T 5/19: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/tt-minutes-19may21-revised.pdf
- DPR 6/8: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/dpr-210608-minutes.pdf
- PDO 6/14: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/La-Jolla-PDO-6-14-2021.pdf
- DPR 6/15: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/dpr-210615-minutes.pdf
- T&T 6/16: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LJTTMinutes20210616-final.docx
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
- 9872 La Jolla Farms Rd (643954, Golba) DPR 6/8: CAN, 7-0-1
- 9430 La Jolla Shores Dr (675183, Ward) DPR 6/15: CAN, 7-0-1
- Warwick’s Mural (Warwick) PDO 6/14: PDO 6/14: APPROVE, 7-0-0
Cuvier St Vacation (679621, Williams)
(Process 5) Cuvier Street right-of-way vacation, CDP, and lot-line adjustment located south of Prospect Street, next to the La Jolla Recreational Center (615 Prospect) and The Bishop’s School. The site is located in the LJPD-6 and OP-1-1 Zones, and Coastal (Non-appealable-2) Overlay zone within the La Jolla Community Plan and Council District 1.
DPR 5/11/21: findings CAN be made, 5-0-2; T&T 5/19/21: APPROVE 10-0-0; PDO 4/21/21: APPROVE 10-0-0
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/21_0701-Cuvier-Vacation-Presentation.pdf
- Earlier slides: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/scan20210419091604.pdf
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Cuvier-Set.pdf
- Parking exhibit: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/CuvierProspectDiagonalParkingExhibit.pdf
- 1st assessment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/679621-Cuvier-Vacation-1st-AL-04.12.21.pdf
Roundabout by “The Cross” (Issakov)
The impetus for a roundabout at the entrance to the Veterans Memorial Park at the top of Via Capri is the danger and difficulty of turning left from Via Capri to the cross, or to leave the cross to continue straight on LJ Scenic Dr S, at busy traffic times. This can cause backups too. City staff commented that that location is a good candidate for a roundabout and added it to the unfunded needs list.
T&T 5/19/21: APPROVE 9-0-0
- Photo showing proposed roundabout: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/cross-image.png
Coast Blvd Cave (659359, Arhhart)
(Process CIP/Public Project-5) WBS B-20040.02.06 (FUND 400169) After-the-Fact Site Development Permit & Coastal Development Permit for work performed under Emergency SDP and CDP agreement (PTS# 644723) located within the public right-of-way and adjacent coast bluff and cave opening to the north below Coast Boulevard, adjacent to 1210 Coast Blvd. Coastal (Appealable & Non-Appealable) Overlay Zone; Council District 1.
Code Compliance (Kane)
There are several additional cases of intentional skirting of DSD permitting requirements and permit conditions in La Jolla beyond those already mentioned in meetings and letters to Trustees. Community members, their representatives and the LJ CPA are clearly having no effect one project at a time. However, a pattern of egregious behavior is harder to ignore. The CPA Trustees will determine how to proceed. Options include informing both City Council and the Mayor about DSD’s inadequacies and petitioning for more Code Compliance resources, changes in administrative processes, codes, etc.
- Code compliance issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/code_compliance_issues.pdf
- View corridor recommendations: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/view-corridor-recommendations.pdf
- Coastal View Committee report: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Coastal-View-Corridor-Ad-Hoc-Committee-Status-Report-062721-FINAL.pdf
- View easement tracker: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/View-Corridor-Easement-Tracker-FINAL.xlsx
State Housing Legislation (Hueter)
SB 9 & 10 and proposed moratorium of 2020 SD ordinance enacting ADUs.
- Neighbors for a Better SD presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NFABSD-7-1-21-revised.pdf
- Atkins 1jul21: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/atkins-1jul21.pdf
Parks Master Plan Update (Kane)
- PARC update: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PARC-update.pdf
- Notes from 6/25 meeting with Planning staff: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PARC-meeting-with-Plng.-Dept.-recap.pdf
- Letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/FINAL-PARC-Comment_Letter_PMP_6_15_21.pdf
- Presentation: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/prbr210617a-item101a.pdf
Priorities Survey (Kane)
Parking Workshop (Kane)
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.