The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
5610 Bellevue (660209, Perkins) Final
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to demolish an existing detached garage, and to remodel an existing 1,002 square-foot one story single-family residence. Remodel includes a 773 square-foot first floor addition, 250 square-foot attached garage, 1,189 square-foot second floor addition with three decks, and one third floor deck located at 5610 Bellevue Avenue. The 0.14-acre site is in the RS-1-7 and Coastal Overlay (Non-Appealable) Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
- Updated exhibits: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/exhibits.pdf
- Updated elevations: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/ELEVATIONS.pdf
- Original applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Exibits-5610-Bellevue-Avenue.compressed.pdf
- Original project plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/5610-Bellevue-Avenue-Architectural-and-Structural-Plans.compressed.pdf
524 Palomar (650633, Warner) Final
(Process 2) Coastal Development permit for demolition of an existing 360-square-foot detached garage, and to construct a new 3,629-square-foot second residence with a roof top deck and new carport. Remodel of the existing house to add a 525-square-foot second story companion unit with a rooftop deck and a 531 square-foot attached garage located at 524 Palomar Ave. The 0.14-acre site is in RM-1-1 Zone, and Coastal Overlay (Non-Appealable) Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. CD1
- Updated drawings & renderings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/palomar-update.pdf
- Applicant responses & updated cycle letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/palomar-responses-cycle.pdf
- Original rendering: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/01.pdf
- Original elevations: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/z1_71919.pdf
- Original drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/650633_Drawings.pdf
- Initial assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/650633-as1-Package.pdf
420 Pearl (655226, Conant) Final
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to demo existing residence and construct a new three story, 4,493 square-foot, two-unit residence with basement garage, roof deck, and driveway at a site located at 420 Pearl Street. The 0.083-acre site is in the La Jolla Planned District (LJPD) Zone 5 and Coastal (Non-Appealable Area) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1.
- Updated applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/conant-merged.pdf
- Updated cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/655226_Draft-Cycle-Issues_No-Fire.pdf
- Original applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Conant-Rev-1-CD-Set-4_17_20.pdf
- First cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/655226_First-Cycle-Issues_APR-2020.pdf
- First assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/655226_First-Assessment-Letter_APR-2020.pdf
- Materials from LJCPA Trustees 7/2 discussion: https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-7-2-2020-materials-comments/
- RM 1-1 notes: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/complete-communities-rm-1-1.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Re: Letter to UC Regents Thank you to Diane Kane and the Trustees for the Letter to UC Regents on…
IN PUBLIC COMMENT: On behalf of Melinda Merryweather and myself, I’d like to report that the City has installed one…
Regarding 304-306 Kolmar: In my opinion this proposal does not fit the neighborhood’s character, but (1) this determination is purely…
We must take this opportunity to make our neighborhoods less car centric and more people friendly. Think of all the…
My family and I use sidewalks to access both essential services and get much needed outdoor recreation that provides both…