The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: https://lajollacpa.org/agenda-instructions-for-online-dpr-meeting-4pm-6-16-020/
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects
Projects & Other Matters for Review
Item 1: Cass & Van Nuys Right-of-Way Vacation (659053, Sher) Final
Public Right of Way Vacation to vacate a portion of Cass Street and a portion of the alley abutting 990 Van Nuys Street. The 0.117-acre site is in the RS-1-7 Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
- Sher presentation (revised): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Cass-Street-Vacation.compressed.pdf
- Vegetation/brush management: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/VanNuysBioLetter_111318-Brush-Management.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/659043-AL1-Package.pdf
- Edge map: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/3299-ROS-2nd-submit.pdf
- Merten photos: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/cass-row-merten.pdf
Item 2: 524 Palomar (650633, Warner) Preliminary
(Process 2) Coastal Development permit for demolition of an existing 360-square-foot detached garage, and to construct a new 3,629-square-foot second residence with a roof top deck and new carport. Remodel of the existing house to add a 525-square-foot second story companion unit with a rooftop deck and a 531 square-foot attached garage located at 524 Palomar Ave. The 0.14-acre site is in RM-1-1 Zone, and Coastal Overlay (Non-Appealable) Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. CD1
- Rendering: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/01.pdf
- Elevations: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/z1_71919.pdf
- Drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/650633_Drawings.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/650633-as1-Package.pdf
Item 3: Coast Walk Parking (663661, Romo-Diego) Preliminary
(Process 5) Site Development Permit and Coastal Development Permit to create a turn around on Coast Walk and convert one existing parking space into a designated ADA parking space, located at Coast Walk parking lot. The site is in the RS-1-7 and Coastal Overlay (Appealable) Zone , within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
- Romo-Diego presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Coast-Walk-Parking-Lot-Improvements-LJCPA-6.16.20-meeting.pdf
- Defining features: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/defining-features-coast-walk.pdf
- Merryweather letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Scan2020-06-13_202557.pdf
- Merryweather photo: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Scan2020-06-13_202906.pdf
Item 4: La Jolla Rec Center Improvements (Kane)
To present concepts and to learn of any permitting issues or community concerns, and to hopefully gain support.
- Kane presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/rec-center.pdf
- Plan & renderings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/rec-ctr-plan-renderings.pdf
Item 5: Noticing Procedures (Kane) Final
Vote to send letter to CPA on the CITY’S NOTICING PROCEDURES that is follow-up from our last meeting.
- Draft letter from 6/9/20 meeting: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/cpa-noticing-letter.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
As a resident of La Jolla, I would like to express my strong opinion about the “Plaza Park” that is…
I’m strongly opposed to the Puesto expansion. A number of nearby restaurants have expanded on street parking. When there are…
DPR April 20th Meeting Agenda Item 3. Brodiaea Way: The information on the Materials page is confusing. Please ask the…
I strongly endorse the recommendations by the LJCPA in a letter to Elyse Lowe Director of DSD, regarding 1395 W.…
Howard Oxley’s Comment was directed at 1395 W. Muirlands Dr [666376, Dahan]