The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
420 Bonair (668517, Renner) FINAL
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to demo a detached garage and carport to an existing residence, and construct a 873-sf two car garage/workshop, a carport, and a 1,118-sf companion unit above and covered deck at 420 Bonair Street. The 0.06-acre site is in the RM-1-1 Zone, the Coastal (Non-App) Overlay Zone, Coastal Height Overlay Zone, Transit Priority Area, FEMA Floodway and Floodplains, Geohazard 53 within the La Jolla Community Plan Area, Council District 1.
- Revised FAR: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/420-BONAIR-DEV-SUMMARY_FAR-REVISED.pdf
- Existing landscape: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/420-Bonair-Existing-landscaping.pdf
- Alley neighbors: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Neighboring-Alley-properties-to-420-Bonair.pdf
- Bonair neighbors: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Neighboring-Bonair-Street-properties.pdf
- Materials palette: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/420-BONAIR-MATERIALS-PALETTE.pdf
- Palm tree encroachment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/420-Bonair-Street_-Palm-Tree-encroachment.pdf
Earlier DPR submissions:
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/420-Bonair-Street-Garage-and-ADU_Revised.pdf
- Submittal set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/420-BONAIR-STREET-SUBMITTED-PLANS.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/668517-Assessment-Letter-Package-2.pdf
6715 Neptune Pl (668003, Marengo) PRELIMINARY
(Process 3) Amendment to CDP No. 1353913 and SDP to remodel of an existing one-story, 2,638-sf single family residence and construct a 1,846-sf second-story addition with roof deck for a total of 3,867-sf at 6715 Neptune Place. The 0.133 acre site is in the RM-4-10 and RM-1-1 Zones, the Coastal (Appealable) OZ, Coastal Ht. Limit, 1st Public Roadway, Parking Impact, Residential Tandem Parking, Transportation Priority Area within the La Jolla Community Plan Area, and CD 1
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/6715-neptune-pl-presentation-compressed.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/668003-First-Assessment-Letter-SEP-2020.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/668003-First-Cycle-Issues-SEP-2020.pdf
416 Nautilus (669815, Marengo) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to convert an existing 263 sf room over a 449 sf detached garage into a Companion Unit at 416 Nautilus St. The project includes adding 104 sf for a Companion Unit totaling 367 sf. The 0.072-acre site contains 2 detached residences on a single lot at 414 and 416 Nautilus Street. The site is in the RM-1-1 Zone, the Coastal (Non-App.-2) Overlay Zone, the Geo Hazard Zone 53, and the Transit Priority area within the La Jolla CPA, and CD 1.
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/416-nautilus-presentation-compressed.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/669815-Assessment-Letter-Package.pdf
- Merten comments on behalf of neighbors (Wright): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Merten-Letter-to-DPR-10-17-2020.pdf
- Vo email to Merten: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Vo-email-to-Merten.pdf
305 Bonair (653750, Krencik) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit and Neighborhood Development Permit to construct a new 535 square-foot detached dwelling unit on a lot with an existing 2,100 square-foot, two-story apartment building at 305 Bonair St. The 0.10-acre site is is in the RM-3-7 Zone and the Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1. Permits required per to Code
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Bonair-CDP_NDP-Presentation102020-1.pdf
- Assessment & cycle items: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/653750-Assessment-Letter-Package-SEP-2020.pdf
- Submitted plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/653750_Bonair-CDP_NDP-Submitted-Plans-092220.pdf
- Non-historic determination: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Bonair-City-determination-is-not-eligble-for-historic-designation.pdf
1425-1491 Buckingham (668543, Pallamary) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit for a lot line adjustment between 1425 Buckingham Drive (Parcel 1) and 1491 Buckingham Drive (Parcel 2), each with an existing single-family dwelling unit. Parcel 1 will increase by 2,700 SF. The parcels are located in the RS-1-1 Zone, Geo Haz 53, Coastal (NAPP-1) within the La Jolla community plan. Council District 1
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/191013-PLANNING-GROUP-PRESENTATION-102020-SENT.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/668543-Assessment-Letter-Package.pdf
DPR Bylaws Update
There are a few inconsistencies between the 2016 LJCPA Bylaws and the older 2009 DPR Bylaws. The LJCPA Bylaws state that “…A quorum for standing and ad hoc committees shall be a majority of the committee members” (VI.2.B) and “LJCPA actions, including subcommittee votes, only require a simple majority of the voting Trustees, or subcommittee members, in attendance when a quorum is present” (VI.2.A.9).
However, the DPR Bylaws at various points (Articles 2, 3, 7, 10) call for specific numbers of attendees, voters, or votes. So long as DPR is fully populated with 10 voting members the differences are unimportant (“half” and “5” are the same, for example), but when there are vacancies (as has been the norm recently) the differences can slow DPR’s work.
Although technically this may not be a problem–the LJCPA Bylaw provisions, being more recent, presumably supersede the older DPR provisions–the proposed amendments bring DPR’s bylaws into conformance with LJCPA’s Bylaws. Trustees and DPR members were notified of these proposed amendments on Sep 29.
- Current (2009) DPR bylaws: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Current-DPR-Bylaws-2009.pdf
- Proposed DPR bylaws: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Proposed-DPR-Bylaws-2020-Clean.pdf
- Proposed DPR bylaws (redline showing changes from 2009 version): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Proposed-DPR-Bylaws-2020-Redline.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Hello Diane, Many parties have contacted Commission staff about this property (6110 Camino de la Costa) , yet to date,…
Bishop’s School Expansion Project – Batting Cage at 7552 /4/6 Draper Avenue, La Jolla We respectfully ask that the proposed…
These comments are submitted for consideration with AGENDA ITEM 5, the proposed Herschel Avenue Coastal Development Permit (CDP) application, Project…
Item 5: 2072 Via Casa Alta – JAVAHERI RESIDENCE The Structure Height of the proposed project EXCEEDS the MAXIMUM ALLOWED…
I just think this project looks great! I think it will be a fine addition to La Jolla and much…