The videoconference for the LJCPA meeting goes live around 5:30 pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions. If you prefer not to identify yourself, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions how to attend anonymously by phone.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators. They are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
- PRC 2/18/20: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/LJSPRC_MINUTES_18Feb2020rv0.pdf
- PRC 6/15/20: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/LJSPRC-6152020.pdf
- Trustees 7/2/20: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/July220FinalMinutes.pdf
- PRC 2/15/21: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/ljprc-minutes-2_15_2021.pdf
- Trustees 3/4/21: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/minutes_4_march_2021_bfinal.pdf
- DPR 6/21: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/220621-DPR-Minutes.pdf
- DPR 7/19: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/220719-DPR-Minutes.pdf
- PRC 8/15: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/LJSPRC-min-08_15_2022.pdf
- T&T 8/17: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/LJTTMinutes20220817-final.pdf
- PRC 8/29: (possibly forthcoming)
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
- 2065/2075 Soledad “La Jolla Storm Drain System Upstream Controls” (1049930, Dulaney) PRC 8/15: APPROVE 6-0-1
- La Jolla Art & Wine Festival (Ahern/Dahlberg) T&T 8/17: APPROVE 9-0-0
Street Closures for Special Event Processions (Earley) T&T 8/17: APPROVE 9-0-0
7310/7312 Fay Av (673278, Golba)
(Process 3) CDP, SDP, and TM for a small lot subdivision, the demolition of an existing dwelling unit and the construction of two new single-family residences on separate lots with a detached garage on each lot, totaling 5,254 square-foot, located at 7310/7312 Fay Avenue. The 0.16-acre site is located in the RM-1-1 Zone.
DPR 6/21: findings CAN be made, 5-0-1
Trustees 8/4: tabled
- Updated plans including fence design: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/7310-Fay-CDP-Plans_08.29.22_CPG-version-with-fence-design.pdf
- Assessment/Cycle: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/673278-Assessment-Letter-7310-Fay-Units.pdf
- Permit conditions: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/673278-Draft-Permit-Conditions-7310-Fay.pdf
- Historic clearance: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/7310-Fay-Ave-HISTORIC-CLEARANCE.pdf
- Original plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/7310-Fay-Ave-Homes-Plans-CPG-meeting-set-7-28-2022.pdf
- Original presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/7310-FAY-AVENUE-UNITS-6-21-22-DPR-Powerpoint.pdf
5386 Calumet (696586, Freeman)
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit and Site Development Permit for stabilization of coastal bluff with a 25-foot wide erodible concrete fill at residence located at 5386 Calumet Avenue. The 0.16-acre site is in the RS-1-7 Zone, Coastal Overlay (Appealable), Coastal Height Limit, and Sensitive Coastal Bluff Zones within the La Jolla Community Plan area and Council District 1.
DPR 7/19: findings CAN be made, 6-0-1
- Updated presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/5386-Calumet-Ave-Presentation-9-1-22.pdf
- Drainage study: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/5386-Calumet-Ave-Drainage-Study.pdf
- Submitted plans: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EdS9EK6zLQ9Pu9ZXU1_Q2LQBh5k2Yh8l-pS5H8jJy84IOw?e=H09eLH
- Assessment letter: https://drive.google.com/file/d/131qcrnss9BjGERvUMjmzrq3DE_e5etEa/view?usp=sharing
- Issues report: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EUZuofxzViBKmM13Xh4_Pv4BoyIsiJfVrJVxUUYefrKhrw?e=eszY53
- CCC comments: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EXWpuWTvAUFAs_HLMqdw4PUBJ35TRZvFxSCqtMj4wCpW1A?e=Lss19E
- Photo simulation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oHf0alBUevDAfGN0WLFvZ6jwS7XGxo9P/view?usp=sharing
- Geotechnical report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17mTS0VTv2rjDCHZ4B7BsgkXGPJX5a2HG/view?usp=sharing
- Archaeological report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GTxBoKE6eWH9ME9-TgiBwxJLL4eqh-T_/view?usp=sharing
7595 Hillside (522708, Gonzales)
(Process 3) Site Development Permit and Coastal Development Permit to demolish an existing dwelling and construct a 7,091 sq ft 2-story over basement dwelling located at 7595 Hillside Dr. The 0.797-acre site is in the single family (SF) zone of the La Jolla Shores Planned District, Coastal (Non-appealable) overlay zone within the La Jolla Community Plan Area. CD 1.
PRC 2/18/20: Findings CAN be made, 3-0-2 (subject to driveway variance)
PRC 6/15/20: findings CANNOT be made, 6-0-1 (too many unresolved issues)
Trustees 7/2/2020: NO ACTION, 12-2-1 (remand to PRC)
PRC 2/15/21: Findings CAN be made 5-1-1
Trustees 3/14/21: Findings CAN be made 15-0-0 (Consent)
PRC 8/29/22: Findings CANNOT be made 5-0-1 (height that exceeds the allowable limit and the Committee’s concern that the attached traffic plan is insufficient for the scope of the project)
- Plans as of 8/16/22: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/CASS-plan-set-8.16.2022.pdf
- Plans revised 8/2/22 (from HO report): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/36_hillside-522708522708-Hearing-Officer-Report-HO-22-037_UPLOAD.pdf
- Hearing Officer report: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EY5oumco8MJAptR2Xn1dv0EBFLuGlFR9PQx0INX5sMfGpg?e=ETDtzk
CIP Priorities (Emerson/Evans/Kane/Newsam)
- List: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/La-Jolla-CIP-Summary-FY-23-24xlsx.xlsx
- Cover letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/2023-2024-CIP-requestJMNsigned.docx
Special Event Street Closures
- Proposed guidelines: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Special-Event-Processions-in-La-Jolla-Village-Guidelines-for-Street-Closures.pdf
CCC Review of Vendor Ordinance
- Draft letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/CCC-Coastal-vending-letter_DK_DRAFT.docx
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.