Missing or incomplete items flagged in yellow
The videoconference for the LJCPA meeting goes live around 5:30 pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions. If you prefer not to identify yourself, please write to email@example.com for instructions how to attend anonymously by phone.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators. They are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
- Trustees 11/3: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Draft-Trustee-Minutes-Nov.-3.-2022.pdf
- DPR 11/08: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/221108-DRP-Minutes.pdf
- PDO 1/14: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/LJ-PDO-MINUTES-11.14.22-1.pdf
- DPR 11/15: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/221115-DRP-Minutes.pdf
- PRC 11/17: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/LJSPRC-11_17_22-minutes-saved.pdf
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
5680 La Jolla Blvd “Paradisea Sidewalk Cafe” (1071808, Remen/Bennett) PDO 11/14: RETURN, 6-0-0; DPR 11/15: APPROVE, 5-1-1
6260 Waverly (1050666, Crisafi) DPR 11/15: APPROVE, 4-1-1
- 5621 La Jolla Blvd “LJ Crafted Wines Sidewalk Café” (1064316, Morton) PDO 11/14: Appears to CONFORM, 6-0-0; DPR 11/15: APPROVE, 5-0-1
8311 El Paseo Grande “Gibby Residence” (1053312, Golba) PRC 11/17: CANNOT , 3-2-1
- 7854 Girard Ave #4230 “Trianon Clothing Rebranding” (Alan) PDO 11/14: CONFORM, 6-0-0
811-827 Coast Blvd S “Coast Blvd Historic Rehabilitation and Townhomes” (677297, Fotsch/Will)
(Process 4) CDP, SDP, NDP, and TM to consolidate 2 lots into 1, demolition of 813-821 Coast Blvd S (5 structures), remodel/addition of 811 Coast Blvd S (non-historic), remodel/addition of 825 Coast Blvd S (historic), relocation/remodel/addition of 827 Coast Blvd S (historic), and construction of 6 new, 3-story townhomes over underground garage; total of 23,591 SF. The 0.44-acre site is in the LJPD t-5 Zone, Coastal Ht, Coastal (N-App-2), and Parking Impact Overlay Zones; CD1
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/22_1010-COAST-DPR-PRESENTATION.pdf
- Site context: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Site-Context-Diagram.pdf
- Landscape: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Landscape-Location-Diagram.pdf
- Drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/22_1018-Coast-Drawings.pdf
- Assessment/Cycle: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/DSD_L6_1-1.pdf
7945 Herschel Av “Herschel Ave CDP” (676691, Straw)
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to construct a 3 story, 31,455-sf mixed-use building with 2 level, 33,535-sf basement parking garage to consist of 12 residential apartments with roof deck above a ground floor residential lobby area, commercial uses, and parking at 7945 Herschel Ave. The 0.40 acre site is located is in the LJPD-1 Zone and Coastal (Non-Appealable Area) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2022-1018-Herschel-Ave-Mixed-Use-Presentation.pdf
- Submittal plans (Aug 2022): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Development-Plans-PTS-0676691-2.pdf
- Cycle/Assessment (June 2022; City has confirmed that all issues have subsequently been cleared except CPG review): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/676691-Third-Review-Issues-JUNE-2022.pdf
7606 Girard “Girard Lofts” (664566/1072748, DeBartolo)
(Process 2) CDP for a 2 story, MU building on an existing parking lot, including 1,960-sf of retail, 18 DUs (1 very low-income units per 100% Density Bonus), and parking at 7606 Girard Ave. The 0.278-acre site is in the LJPD-1 Zone, the Coastal (Non-App.2) Overlay Zone, the Coastal Height Limit Zone, the Parking Impact Zone, the Residential Tandem Parking Zone, the Transit Area Zone, and the Transit Priority Area in the La Jolla Community Plan area, and CD 1.
- Plans 10/31/22 (from DSD): https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EYgdR-dKM_VOswB6acwzY0UB5u2YeSYr6R8rW7-ceyN93A?e=zzHpYd
- Assessment 9/6/22: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/9-6-2022-2nd-Assessment-Letter-PDF-final.pdf
- Cycle 9/6/22: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/9-6-2022-Cycle-Issues.pdf
- Final DPR presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/20200915_7606-GIRARD-AVENUE_DPR-PRESENTATION-2.compressed.pdf
- City waiver notes: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/7606-Girard-city-waiver-notes.pdf
- Drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/05_664566_7606-GIRARD-AVE_COASTAL-DEVELOPMENT-PERMIT_CYCLE-1-DRAWINGS.compressed.pdf
- 1st assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/01_664566_First-Assessment-Letter-AUG-2020-1.pdf
- Planning comments: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/03_664566_Girard-Lofts-CDP-Planning-Comments-last-review-corrected-1.pdf
- 1st cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/02_664566_First-Cycle-Issues-AUG-2020-1.pdf
View Corridors (Baratz/Terry)
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.