The meeting videoconference will go live around 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators. They are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used, reproduced, or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
811-827 Coast Blvd S “Coast Blvd Historic Rehabilitation and Townhomes” (677297, Fotsch/Will) FINAL
(Process 4) CDP, SDP, NDP, and TM to consolidate 2 lots into 1, demolition of 813-821 Coast Blvd S (5 structures), remodel/addition of 811 Coast Blvd S (non-historic), remodel/addition of 825 Coast Blvd S (historic), relocation/remodel/addition of 827 Coast Blvd S (historic), and construction of 6 new, 3-story townhomes over underground garage; total of 23,591 SF. The 0.44-acre site is in the LJPD t-5 Zone, Coastal Ht, Coastal (N-App-2), and Parking Impact Overlay Zones; CD1
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/22_1010-COAST-DPR-PRESENTATION.pdf
- Site context: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Site-Context-Diagram.pdf
- Landscape: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Landscape-Location-Diagram.pdf
- Drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/22_1018-Coast-Drawings.pdf
- Assessment/Cycle: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/DSD_L6_1-1.pdf
7945 Herschel Av “Herschel Ave CDP” (676691, Straw) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to construct a 3 story, 31,455-sf mixed-use building with 2 level, 33,535-sf basement parking garage to consist of 12 residential apartments with roof deck above a ground floor residential lobby area, commercial uses, and parking at 7945 Herschel Ave. The 0.40 acre site is located is in the LJPD-1 Zone and Coastal (Non-Appealable Area) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2022-1018-Herschel-Ave-Mixed-Use-Presentation.pdf
- Submittal plans (Aug 2022): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Development-Plans-PTS-0676691-2.pdf
- Cycle/Assessment (June 2022; City has confirmed that all issues have subsequently been cleared except CPG review): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/676691-Third-Review-Issues-JUNE-2022.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Re: Adelante Townhomes. As a resident of Bird Rock I am disheartened to hear that one of the prime commercial…
Hello Diane, Many parties have contacted Commission staff about this property (6110 Camino de la Costa) , yet to date,…
Bishop’s School Expansion Project – Batting Cage at 7552 /4/6 Draper Avenue, La Jolla We respectfully ask that the proposed…
These comments are submitted for consideration with AGENDA ITEM 5, the proposed Herschel Avenue Coastal Development Permit (CDP) application, Project…
Item 5: 2072 Via Casa Alta – JAVAHERI RESIDENCE The Structure Height of the proposed project EXCEEDS the MAXIMUM ALLOWED…
I just think this project looks great! I think it will be a fine addition to La Jolla and much better use that what is currently there.