The LJCPA Trustee meeting videoconference goes live at 5:30pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, you may submit them using the form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
- Agenda (revised 11/30/2020) https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Agenda-3-December-2020-6pm-revised.pdf
- Treasurer’s report: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/treasurer-3dec2020.pdf
- Trustees 11/5/2020 (draft): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Minutes-5-November-2020-draft.pdf
- DPR 11/10/2020: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/201110-DPR-minutes-1.pdf
- DPR 11/17/2020: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/201117-DPR-minutes.pdf
- T&T 11/18/2020: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/tt-minutes-18nov20.pdf
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
- 6715 Neptune (668003, Marengo) see DPR 11/10/2020
- 305 Bonair (653750, Krencik) see DPR 11/10/2020
- 1542 Copa de Oro (676181, Morton) see DPR 11/10/2020
- 6375 Avenida Cresta/6360 Via Maria (667263, Duke/Crisafi) see DPR 11/17/2020
(deferrred to January)
8216 Caminito Maritimo (629762, Sammon) (Process 3) Site Development Permit and Neighborhood Development Permit for the addition of 4,515 square feet to an existing single residential condominium unit of 4,771 square feet for a total of 9,286 square feet located at 8216 Caminito Maritimo. The 0.18 acre site of the LJSPD-SF base zone of the La Jolla community plan area with prior development approval SDP#630146 & NDP#Council District 1.
La Jolla Shores Outdoor Dining
8423 El Paseo Grande
- Letter sent by President (for ratification): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/el-paseo-grande-letter-a.pdf
- public MND notice: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/661815-Public-Notice-Date-10-22-20201.pdf
- merten comments: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/merten-re-el-paseo-grande.pdf
Coastal Rail Trail
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/2020-1203-Coastal-Rail-Trail-La-Jolla-CPG-Presentation.pdf
- BTR executive summary: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hNceyGtb1L5yk0YdZzFpJ9qHB06iry8h/view?usp=sharing
- Traffic mobility analysis: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hE3pkIxDrJ4bwjOwabTup52Az_zNEYzZ/view?usp=sharing
- Visual simulations: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VluxlthF3o7m2MgSF1749ZiOgCePEcCo/view?usp=sharing
- BTR full: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sabvKRSW8KibX9t13n3vkRhQk3fTw71K/view?usp=sharing
- Plans: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TFRcGx0cDeEQPtkXlPonma9vZX1sSEzv/view?usp=sharing
- see T&T 11/18/2020
(deferred to January)
Complete Communities Kane presentation Updated documents: https://www.sandiego.gov/complete-communities
DPR Bylaws Update
The LJCPA Bylaws create DPR and state that “…A quorum for standing and ad hoc committees shall be a majority of the committee members” (VI.2.B) and “LJCPA actions, including subcommittee votes, only require a simple majority of the voting Trustees, or subcommittee members, in attendance when a quorum is present” (VI.2.A.9).
The DPR Bylaws call for specific numbers of attendees, voters, or votes. So long as DPR is fully populated with 10 voting members the differences are unimportant (“50%” or “half” and “5” are the same, for example, as are “majority” and “6”), but when there are vacancies (as has been the norm recently) the differences can slow DPR’s work. Moreover, in one case (defining a quorum) the DPR bylaws fall short of what LJCPA’s bylaws require.
The LJCPA Bylaw provisions, being more recent, supersede the older DPR provisions. The proposed amendments bring DPR’s bylaws into conformance with LJCPA’s Bylaws, and clarify one ambiguity.
Trustees and DPR members were notified of these proposed amendments on 29 Sep 2020. DPR endorsed them by a 2/3 vote, as required, at its 17 Nov 2020 meeting. The amendments will take effect once endorsed by LJCPA Trustees and the La Jolla Town Council Directors.
- Current (2009) DPR bylaws: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dpr-bylaws-2009.pdf
- Proposed DPR bylaws (redline changes from 2009 to 2020): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dpr-bylaws-2009-redline.pdf
- Proposed DPR bylaws (2020): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/dpr-bylaws-2020.pdf
Elections Committee members
- Donna Aprea
- Larry Davidson
- David Dunbar
- Nancy Manno
- Kathleen Neil
- Janie Emerson
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.