Missing or incomplete items flagged in yellow
The meeting videoconference will go live around 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators. They are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used, reproduced, or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, and other speakers submitted in connection with projects or other items. If you have questions or comments on a particular project, we strongly encourage you to communicate directly with the applicant so that issues can be resolved or explored before the meeting. You may submit written comments using the “Leave a Reply” box at the bottom of this web page. Like meetings themselves, all comments will be publicly available.
Projects & Items for Review
7056 Vista Del Mar “Meltzoff Residence” (1060098, Sammon) FINAL
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit at an existing two-story single family residence for a proposed remodel, 749 square foot attached accessory dwelling unit, and 333 square foot deck. The 0.13-acre site property is located at 7056 Vista Del Mar Avenue in the RS-1-7 zone and Coastal (Appealable) Overlay and Coastal Height Limitation Overlay Zones within the La Jolla Plan area, Council District 1.
- Presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nl8iFZ0bPcROVkuq1AjYiGTjPOFyhHWV/view?usp=share_link
- Re-submittal plans: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G3XR6Ho4H_R-WhRdVPe1i6bXN03yHT_V/view?usp=share_link
- Assessment (1/26/23): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oINkXcpOhXb3scmfadsIVxdUVwx4HDPU/view?usp=share_link
- Cycle (8/22): https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EXxsv0BzLhtDof_mKybJ-DQBsIBLfXjMHgaKUvm7qp4oyQ?e=n9fuT6
6825 La Jolla Blvd “Bathey Residence” (693412, Frontis) FINAL
(Process 2) Easement Vacation to vacate sewer easement and Coastal Development Permit to convert 1-story residence to mixed use retail & office space with Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit and add 2nd floor residence located at 6825 La Jolla Blvd. The 0.13-acre site is in the La Jolla Planned District-4 and Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay Zone and Coastal Height Limit Overlay, Parking Impact Overlay Zones, and within the La Jolla Community Plan area and Council District 1.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/DPR2-WITH-ORIGINAL-PICS.pdf
- Original presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/6825-LJ-BLVD-PRESENTATION.pdf
- Submittal plans (3rd, 2/23): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/combined-set-3RD-SUB.pdf
- Assessment/Cycle (1/10/23): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/693412-Third-Review-Comments.pdf
625 Wrelton Dr “Wrelton CDP” (696528, Prikosovits) FINAL
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit to amend CDP No. 91-0400 for remodel and addition to existing two-story residence to become a three-story residence located at 625 Wrelton Drive. Work to include 186-square-foot first floor addition, 2,074-square-foot second floor addition, 115-square-foot penthouse, and decks. The 0.29-acre site is in the RS-1-7 Zone and Coastal Overlay (Appealable) Zone and Coastal Height Limit Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area.
- Presentation: (forthcoming)
- Drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/WRELTON-CDP.pdf
- Submittal plans: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tMBDC83MlZ8C3XBI7FwDO5Myjllybt7t/view?usp=share_link
- Site rp: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/WRELTON-RP.pdf
- Site map: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/SITE-MAP1.pdf
- Grading: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Wrelton-Final-Grading-1.pdf
- Landscape: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Wrelton-Final-Landscape.pdf
- Assessment (12/19): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/696528-2ND-Assessment-Letter-II-12-19-22.pdf
- Cycle: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/696528-Cycle-Issues-12-16-22.pdf
1713(?) Castellana Rd “Castellana Residence” (1062257, Sparks) PRELIMINARY
(Process 3) Construct a three-story, 10,120-square-foot (SF) residence on an existing vacant parcel (APN: 350-541-0600) located at Castellana Road, near Crespo Drive. The 0.27-acre site is in the Residential Single Dwelling Unit (RS-1-5) Base Zone, Coastal (Non-Appealable), Coastal Height Limitation and Geological Hazard Categories (12, 53, 27) Overlay Zones in the La Jolla Community Plan and Local Coastal Plan area.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/PRJ-1062257-Castellana.compressed.pdf
- Submittal plans: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/PRJ-1062257-Castellana-Rd.pdf
- Assessment/Cycle: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/AL-1-w-Enclosures.pdf
6308 Avenida Cresta “Cohenour Residence” (106770, Sammon) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Proposed project to demo existing 1-story, 2,506 sq. ft single-family residence and existing site walls. The project will construct a new, 4, 998 sq. ft., single-family residence including Roof Terrace, Site Improvements, and Covered Terrace. The .225 acre site is located at 6308 Avenida Cresta in the RS-1-7 zone, Coastal Overlay (non-appealable) Zone, Transit Priority Area, Parking Impact Zone, Coastal Height Limitation Overlay Zone, and Geo Hazard 53, in the La Jolla Community Plan area, Council District 1.
- Presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lfpXWLYinSUx6Poel1LUwL4KOEAjpEiN/view?usp=share_link
- Submittal plans: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oaT4oNEItZrLT-VxYO2_z5QMa5Q2Sl4q/view?usp=share_link
- Assessment/Cycle: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SuP1cZdmThzEr1pez8hH9c-Tl8RmsgmU/view?usp=share_link
Short-Term Rentals (Grundland)
View Corridors (Terry)
- CVCC report with proposed changes marked with MS Word Track Changes: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Coastal-View-Corridors-Proposed-Changes-to-LJ-Plan-LJ-PD-LJSPD-Other-…023-1.docx
- CVCC report with all proposed changes accepted (clean copy): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Coastal-View-Corridors-Proposed-Changes-to-LJ-Plan-LJ-PD-LJSPD-Other-…copy_.docx
- Summary of CVCC report: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Summary_Coastal-View-Corridors-Proposed-Changes-to-LJ-Plan-LJ-PD-LJSPD…023-1.docx
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Re: Adelante Townhomes. As a resident of Bird Rock I am disheartened to hear that one of the prime commercial…
Hello Diane, Many parties have contacted Commission staff about this property (6110 Camino de la Costa) , yet to date,…
Bishop’s School Expansion Project – Batting Cage at 7552 /4/6 Draper Avenue, La Jolla We respectfully ask that the proposed…
These comments are submitted for consideration with AGENDA ITEM 5, the proposed Herschel Avenue Coastal Development Permit (CDP) application, Project…
Traffic and Transportation Meeting March 21 2023 Comment re Agenda Item 3 Coast Walk Request to Advocate for Study Coast…