The videoconference for the LJCPA meeting goes live around 5:30 pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions. If you prefer not to identify yourself, please write to email@example.com for instructions how to attend anonymously by phone.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators. They are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
- Trustees 9/1: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Draft-Minutes-Trustee-Meeting-Sept-2022.pdf
- T&T 8/17: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/LJTTMinutes20220817-final.pdf
- DPR 9/20: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/220920-DPR-Minutes.pdf
- T&T 9/21: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/LJTTMinutes20220921-final.pdf
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
- 7788/7798 Prospect Pl “Nilforoushan Residence” (1058871, Lyon/Leon) DPR 9/20: CAN, 5-0-1
2072 Via Casa Alta “Javaheri Residence” (698915, Marengo) DPR 9/20: CAN, 4-1-1
- 1456 Nautilus St “Martin Residences” (699238, Marengo) DPR 9/20: findings CAN , 5-0-1
- 6083 La Jolla Scenic S “Sewer Vacation” (1062291, Griswold) DPR 9/20: CAN, 4-0-2
- Proposed Stop Signs on Drury at Pearl (Earley) T&T 9/21: APPROVE, 8-0-0
- Valet Parking Permit for Paradisaea Restaurant (Bernal) T&T 9/21: DENY, 8-0-0
Special Event Street Closures
Approve criteria, standards, administrative protocols for requests that involve temporary street closures for special event processions for future permit applications.
T&T 8/17: APPROVE 9-0-0
- Proposed guidelines: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Special-Event-Processions-in-La-Jolla-Village-Guidelines-for-Street-Closures.pdf
Possible Responses to the new Policy 600-24 (Fitzgerald/Neil)
Discussion of two among the possible LJCPA responses to the new Policy 600-24: (1) Apply for City recognition and agree to take the actions necessary to comply with the Policy requirements and Terms and Conditions, or (2) Not apply for City recognition and continue to operate under current LJCPA policies and bylaws.
- 600-24 revision clean: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Council_Policy_600-24_Clean.pdf
- 600-24 revision strikeout: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Council_Policy_600-24_Strikeout.pdf
- Additional Council items (scroll down to Item 330 at the bottom, click on “Proposed Amendments…” paragraph to see the list of documents): https://gregj.us/3DUPQeF
- Fitzgerald/Neil Notes: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/jfitz-600-24-notes.pdf
- Fitzgerald/Neil Comparison: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/jfitz-600-24-comparison.pdf
New Logo for LJCPA (Baracchini)
The original artwork for LJCPA’s logo has long been lost; the only copy we have is a small digital image with resolution too coarse for most uses. The Secretary asked a local designer to propose some updated versions to replace the old log.
- Proposed designs: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/provisionsMedia_laJollaCommunityPlanning_logo_A-1.pdf
CPC (LDC Updates)
- LDC update overview: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/CPC-Subcommittee-09.27.22.pdf
- Update matrix: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/2022_ldc_update_matrix_9.22.22__2.pdf
- CPC recommendations: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/CPC-Subcommittee-Motion-.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.