Note that with the end of the declared California public-health emergency on February 28 LJCPA is once again subject to the Brown Act and 600-24 public meeting rules.
As a result, meetings will be held in person at specified public locations, beginning with the 2/2 Annual and Trustee meetings to be held at the La Jolla Recreation Center, 615 Prospect Av, beginning at 6:30pm
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators. They are made available here solely for viewing and use by LJCPA, its committees, and meeting attendees during community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be saved, used, viewed, or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder (typically the applicant).
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
- Annual 3/3/22: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/FinalMinutes-3March2022.pdf
- Trustees 2/2: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Trustee-Mtg-2_2_223-Draft-Minutes.docx-1.pdf
- T&T 1/18: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/LJTTMinutes20230118-final.pdf
- T&T 2/15: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/LJTTMinutes20230215-final.pdf
- PRC 2/16: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/LJSPRC-minutes-2-16-23.pdf
- DPR 2/21: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/230221-DPR-Minutes.pdf
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
- La Jolla Christmas Parade and Holiday Festival (Kerr Bache) T&T 2/15: APPROVE, 10-0-0
- Parking Space Closure/ Atheneum’s Annual Benefit (Marcano) T&T 2/15: APPROVE, 10-0-0
Change of Hourly Parking Limit/Fay Avenue (Peaslee) T&T 2/15: APPROVE, 10-0-0
7056 Vista Del Mar “Meltzoff Residence” (1060098, Sammon) DPR 2/21: Endorse design, but postpone final approval pending final Code update, 7-0-1
- 6825 La Jolla Blvd “Bathey Residence” (693412, Frontis) DPR 2/21: CAN, 6-2-1
- 6308 Avenida Cresta “Cohenour Residence” (106770, Sammon) DPR 2/21: CAN, 7-0-1
- 8330 Prestwick Dr “Prestwick Residence” (1065876, Sanchez) PRC 2/16: CAN, 5-0-2
La Jolla Concours d’ Elegance (McFarlane)
Request for Temporary Street Closure and No Parking on Portions of Coast Blvd. Between Cave St. and Girard Av. for Annual Event April 21-23, 2023
T&T 1/18: APPROVE, 8-0-0
- Site map: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2022-1102-2023-MAP_LJ-Concours-2022-SITE-MAP.pdf
- Street closures: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/LJCDE-2023-street-closures.docx
- Park closures: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/LJCDE-2023-Park-Closures.docx
- City eproval: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/eproval-City-of-San-Diego.pdf
Short Term Vacation Rentals (Grundland)
Currently there is no limit to the number of short-term rentals that can get permitted on the San Diego coast. This is a problem because 2,252 Tier 3 whole house STR licenses remain to be given. In La Jolla, many coastal streets have a high ratio of STRs to number of residences. Without a city rule to cap the density of short-term rentals by street, block, and neighborhood, our entire coastline is close to becoming another form of Mission Beach (their STVRs are capped at 30%). The end result will be families will not be able to afford to live here, and schools will not thrive. What will this area be like in five years if the proliferation of short-term rentals isn’t stopped? Bird Rock already has streets with 21-33% of their ocean front homes being short-term rentals. Beach Barber has streets with 28% STRs.
- Map (zoom in and click on individual markers to see addresses): https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1YXL9lv26y40E85UAe94uyoJY9PSLorM&usp=sharing
- License counts by CPG and Tier: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/SD-STRO-Licenses-1mar23.pdf
View Corridors (Terry)
- Summary of changes (markup): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Supplemental-Regulations-of-the-Coastal-Overlay-Zone-Section.pdf
Municipal Code Updates (Kane)
The Land Development Code (LDC) contains regulations for the development and use of property including zoning, subdivisions and other related land use activities. The Planning Department monitors and continually updates the code to simplify and streamline the permitting processes, assure compliance with state and federal regulations, and eliminate unnecessary barriers, redundancies and contradictions.
- List of proposed code amendments: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2023-Code-Change-Issues-Update.-DK.docx
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.