The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
460/462 Westbourne (663879, Sparks/Bolyn) FINAL (Process 3) Coastal Development Permit, Site Development Permit, and Tentative Map to demolish an existing single dwelling unit, subdivide existing lot into four single lots, and construct four twostory single dwelling units (each ranging 3,814 – 4,120 SF) over full basements with attached garages located at 460-462 Westbourne Street. The 0.3-acre site is in the RM-1-1 Zone and Coastal (Non-Appealable 2) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1. Final presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/663879-Westbourne-Small-Lot-Sub-460-Westbourne-20_0908.pdf Assessment package: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/663879-AL1-Package.pdf
Earlier DPR submissions Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/460-westbourne-presentation.pdf Drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/663879-Westbourne-Small-Lot-Sub-460-Westbourne-20_0904.pdf 1st review: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/663879_Westbourne-Small-Lot-Subdivision_Review-1.pdf Photos of another Eos project: https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/JuJFcOMJGl
7606 Girard (664566, DeBartolo) FINAL
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit for a 2 story, MU building on an existing parking lot, including 1,960-sf of retail, 18 DUs (1 very low-income units per 100% Density Bonus), and parking at 7606 Girard Ave. The 0.278-acre site is in the LJPD-1 Zone, the Coastal (Non-App.2) Overlay Zone, the Coastal Height Limit Zone, the Parking Impact Zone, the Residential Tandem Parking Zone, the Transit Area Zone, and the Transit Priority Area in the La Jolla Community Plan area, and CD 1.
- Final presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/20200915_7606-GIRARD-AVENUE_DPR-PRESENTATION-2.compressed.pdf
- Drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/05_664566_7606-GIRARD-AVE_COASTAL-DEVELOPMENT-PERMIT_CYCLE-1-DRAWINGS.compressed.pdf
- 1st assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/01_664566_First-Assessment-Letter-AUG-2020-1.pdf
- Planning comments: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/03_664566_Girard-Lofts-CDP-Planning-Comments-last-review-corrected-1.pdf
- 1st cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/02_664566_First-Cycle-Issues-AUG-2020-1.pdf
Earlier DPR submissions
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/04_664566_20200904_7606-GIRARD-AVENUE_LJCPA-DPR-PRESENTATION.pdf
- 1st assessment: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/01_664566_First-Assessment-Letter-AUG-2020.pdf
- 1st cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/02_664566_First-Cycle-Issues-AUG-2020.pdf
- Planning comments: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/03_664566_Girard-Lofts-CDP-Planning-Comments-last-review-corrected.pdf
7214-7216 Fay Ave (662116, Golba) PRELIMINARY
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit, Site Development Permit and Tentative Map to demolish an existing residence and construct two single family homes with detached garages totaling 5,254 sq ft under the small lot subdivision ordinance and a waiver to undergrounding existing utilities at 7214-7216 Fay Ave. The 0.161 acre site is in the RM-1-1 Zone, Coastal (Non-appealable) overlay zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662116-7214-FAY-AVENUE-UNITS-Powerpoint-9-15-20-DPR.pdf
- Current cycle comments: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662116-CDP-Cycle-Comments-current-9-14-20.pdf
- Submittal set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662116-7214-Fay-Avenue-Homes-CDP-Submittal-3-set-8.17.20.pdf
- 2nd assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662116-as2-Ltr.pdf
242-248 Playa del Norte (662091, Golba) PRELIMINARY
(Process 3) CDP, SDP and TM to demo 2 residences and construct on 2 separate lots a SF residence over basement with companion unit at 242-248 Playa del Norte. Each lot proposes a two-story, 2,615-sf residence over basement and a detached 372-sf one-bedroom companion unit. The 0.132-acre site is in the RM-3-7 Zone and the Coastal (App. & Non App.) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1.
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/242-PLAYA-DEL-NORTE-UNITS-Powerpoint-9-15-20-DPR.pdf
- Cycle review: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-242-Playa-del-Norte-UNITS-City-Cycle-review-2.pdf
- Plan set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-Plan-Set_PlayaUnits_LATEST.pdf
- 2nd cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-Second-Cycle-Issues-AUG-2020.pdf
- 2nd submittal: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-Second-Submittal-Report-AUG-2020.pdf
- 2nd review map check: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-Second-Review-Map-Check-Redlines-AUG-2020.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
I am an experienced cyclists with several hundred thousand mile traveled in and around the San Diego area. I have…
Re: Gilman Class IV Cycle Track PLEASE DON’T TAKE OUR PERFECTLY USABLE BIKE LANE AWAY! Before the pandemic hit, I…
Agenda Item 5.4 I write in support of the proposed class iv bike lanes for Gilman Dr. As a graduate…
I understand you’re considering a Class IV bikeway on Gilman. Oh boy, I can’t imagine a worse place to build…
Re: Agenda item 5.4 Gilman Dr. Cycle track I look forward to the adventure your proposed cycle track will provide.…