The meeting videoconference will go live around 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators. They are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used, reproduced, or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
6229 La Jolla Mesa “O’Connor Residence” (1056331, Martin/Slaven) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to demolish an existing one-story, 3,183 square foot single family residence with attached garage and construct a new two-story, single-family residence with attached garage and detached one-car garage with maids room above for a total of 8,220 square-feet at 6229 La Jolla Mesa Drive. The 0.437-acre site is in the RS-1-2 Zone and Coastal (Non-Appealable) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/220719_OConnor-AbbrevSET-Presentation.pdf
- Photos: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/220718_PresentationPhotos.pdf
- Plan set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/6-220708_OConnor-FULLSET.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/1056331-Assessment-Letter-JULY-2022.pdf
- Issues report: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Project-Issues-Report-PRJ-1056331-First-Review-JULY-2022.pdf
5386 Calumet (696586, Freeman) PRELIMINARY
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit and Site Development Permit for stabilization of coastal bluff with a 25-foot wide erodible concrete fill at residence located at 5386 Calumet Avenue. The 0.16-acre site is in the RS-1-7 Zone, Coastal Overlay (Appealable), Coastal Height Limit, and Sensitive Coastal Bluff Zones within the La Jolla Community Plan area and Council District 1.
- Presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Powerpoint-Presentation-5386-Calumet-Ave.pdf
- Submitted plans: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EdS9EK6zLQ9Pu9ZXU1_Q2LQBh5k2Yh8l-pS5H8jJy84IOw?e=H09eLH
- Assessment letter: https://drive.google.com/file/d/131qcrnss9BjGERvUMjmzrq3DE_e5etEa/view?usp=sharing
- Issues report: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EUZuofxzViBKmM13Xh4_Pv4BoyIsiJfVrJVxUUYefrKhrw?e=eszY53
- CCC comments: https://netorg5256626-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/info_lajollacpa_org/EXWpuWTvAUFAs_HLMqdw4PUBJ35TRZvFxSCqtMj4wCpW1A?e=Lss19E
- Photo simulation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oHf0alBUevDAfGN0WLFvZ6jwS7XGxo9P/view?usp=sharing
- Geotechnical report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17mTS0VTv2rjDCHZ4B7BsgkXGPJX5a2HG/view?usp=sharing
- Archaeological report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GTxBoKE6eWH9ME9-TgiBwxJLL4eqh-T_/view?usp=sharing
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
These comments are submitted for consideration with AGENDA ITEM 5, the proposed Herschel Avenue Coastal Development Permit (CDP) application, Project…
Item 5: 2072 Via Casa Alta – JAVAHERI RESIDENCE The Structure Height of the proposed project EXCEEDS the MAXIMUM ALLOWED…
I just think this project looks great! I think it will be a fine addition to La Jolla and much…
Nilforoushan Project/Prospect Place. In my opinion the proposed project does not promote a positive visual transition. This project is located…
Regarding Villano and Dr Wright comments above , these are the exact issues and are an excellent representation of the…