The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
460/462 Westbourne (663879, Sparks/Bolyn) FINAL
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit, Site Development Permit, and Tentative Map to demolish an existing single dwelling unit, subdivide existing lot into four single lots, and construct four twostory single dwelling units (each ranging 3,814 – 4,120 SF) over full basements with attached garages located at 460-462 Westbourne Street. The 0.3-acre site is in the RM-1-1 Zone and Coastal (Non-Appealable 2) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
- Final presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/460-462-Westbourne-Presentation.pdf
- Assessment package: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/663879-AL1-Package.pdf
- Small lot subdivision: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/20_0929-Westourne-Small-Lot-Division-1.pdf
Earlier DPR submissions
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/460-westbourne-presentation.pdf
- Drawings: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/663879-Westbourne-Small-Lot-Sub-460-Westbourne-20_0904.pdf
- 1st review: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/663879_Westbourne-Small-Lot-Subdivision_Review-1.pdf
- Photos of another Eos project: https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/JuJFcOMJGl
7214-7216 Fay Ave (662116, Golba) FINAL
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit, Site Development Permit and Tentative Map to demolish an existing residence and construct two single family homes with detached garages totaling 5,254 sq ft under the small lot subdivision ordinance and a waiver to undergrounding existing utilities at 7214-7216 Fay Ave. The 0.161 acre site is in the RM-1-1 Zone, Coastal (Non-appealable) overlay zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
- Updated presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/7214-FAY-AVENUE-UNITS-10-13-20-DPR.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/7214-Fay-Avenue-Cycle-issues-cleared.pdf
Earlier DPR submissions
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662116-7214-FAY-AVENUE-UNITS-Powerpoint-9-15-20-DPR.pdf
- Current cycle comments: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662116-CDP-Cycle-Comments-current-9-14-20.pdf
- Submittal set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662116-7214-Fay-Avenue-Homes-CDP-Submittal-3-set-8.17.20.pdf
- 2nd assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662116-as2-Ltr.pdf
242-248 Playa del Norte (662091, Golba) FINAL
(Process 3) CDP, SDP and TM to demo 2 residences and construct on 2 separate lots a SF residence over basement with companion unit at 242-248 Playa del Norte. Each lot proposes a two-story, 2,615-sf residence over basement and a detached 372-sf one-bedroom companion unit. The 0.132-acre site is in the RM-3-7 Zone and the Coastal (App. & Non App.) Overlay Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area, and Council District 1.
- Updated presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/242-PLAYA-DEL-NORTE-UNITS-10-13-20-DPR.pdf
- Cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/242-Playa-Del-Norte-Units-Cycle-issues-cleared.pdf
Earlier DPR submissions
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/242-PLAYA-DEL-NORTE-UNITS-Powerpoint-9-15-20-DPR.pdf
- Cycle review: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-242-Playa-del-Norte-UNITS-City-Cycle-review-2.pdf
- Plan set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-Plan-Set_PlayaUnits_LATEST.pdf
- 2nd cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-Second-Cycle-Issues-AUG-2020.pdf
- 2nd submittal: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-Second-Submittal-Report-AUG-2020.pdf
- 2nd review map check: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/662091-Second-Review-Map-Check-Redlines-AUG-2020.pdf
7007 Country Club Dr (508125, Coston) PRELIMINARY
(Process 3) Tentative Map, Coastal Development Permit, and Site Development Permit to create two lots with existing single dwelling unit on a lot and new lot with construction of a new 14,226 SF two-story single dwelling unit with attached garage, pool house, and pool on a site containing ESL. The 8.77-acre site is located at 7007 Country Club Dr. within the RS-1-4 zone and the Coastal Overlay Zone (Non-Appealable Area 1) of the La Jolla Community Plan area. CD-1.
- Submittal set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/7007-Country-Club-Submittal-Set.pdf
- 4th assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/7007-Country-Club-4th-assessment-letter.pdf
- 4th assessment responses: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/7007-Country-Club-4th-assessment-Responses.pdf
420 Bonair (668517, Renner) PRELIMINARY
(Process 2) Coastal Development Permit to demo a detached garage and carport to an existing residence, and construct a 873-sf two car garage/workshop, a carport, and a 1,118-sf companion unit above and covered deck at 420 Bonair Street. The 0.06-acre site is in the RM-1-1 Zone, the Coastal (Non-App) Overlay Zone, Coastal Height Overlay Zone, Transit Priority Area, FEMA Floodway and Floodplains, Geohazard 53 within the La Jolla Community Plan Area, Council District 1.
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/420-Bonair-Street-Garage-and-ADU_Revised.pdf
- Submittal set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/420-BONAIR-STREET-SUBMITTED-PLANS.pdf
- Assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/668517-Assessment-Letter-Package-2.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Re: Letter to UC Regents Thank you to Diane Kane and the Trustees for the Letter to UC Regents on…
IN PUBLIC COMMENT: On behalf of Melinda Merryweather and myself, I’d like to report that the City has installed one…
Regarding 304-306 Kolmar: In my opinion this proposal does not fit the neighborhood’s character, but (1) this determination is purely…
We must take this opportunity to make our neighborhoods less car centric and more people friendly. Think of all the…
My family and I use sidewalks to access both essential services and get much needed outdoor recreation that provides both…