The meeting videoconference will go live at 3:30, and the Chair will call the meeting to order at 4. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting; for instructions please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/
Below are the agenda for the meeting and links to documents applicants, their reps, speakers, and interested parties have submitted in connection with projects or other items.
Projects & Items for Review
La Jolla View Reservoir (331101, Oriqat/Eichar) PRELIMINARY
Coastal Development and Site Development Permit Process CIP-2 (WBS# S-15027.02.06) for a proposed 3.11 million gallon circular concrete reservoir to replace the existing reservoir, replace the existing Muirlands Pipeline in County Club Drive with a larger 30″ PVC pipeline; and to demolish the existing La Jolla View Reservoir.Coastal Non App 1, Council District 1, Notice Cards 3. Notice of Final Decision to go to CCC.
(Project previously reviewed by DPR & CPA has not changed. CEQA-related Environmental Document has evolved from an MND to an EIR. Committee discussion will focus on potential project impacts and mitigation measures identified in the EIR. Committee Findings and Recommendations will result in Draft CPA response to EIR. Draft response will be discussed/ratified at Feburary CPA meeting.)
- Presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoLu-kFhTeG_f4S9f8XSaKvAffKA8VjR/view?usp=sharing
- Fact sheet: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/ljvr_eir_fact_sheet_12.30.2020.pdf
- Draft EIR: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/dsd_draft_environmental_impact_report_0.pdf (supporting documents are at https://www.sandiego.gov/ceqa/draft under project number 331101)
- Plans revised: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o3fYvsiFsdalbBt-L3thO5Iqf1w95YFl/view?usp=sharing
- Assessment letter: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16dkRlJgPONT4sDxGgk5U0CAwtuYppP54/view?usp=sharing
- Cycle issues: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1edWuDk69y0Y7IWUY38xFAFFnjvE1z0me/view?usp=sharing
- Findings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JONklSDRN7NgQLAr3qg-dwOyLt2RQX9/view?usp=sharing
- Submittal requirements: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17sIJF9jLxh1XvCOyBD1HhXFbvD7lsWBf/view?usp=sharing
- Reservoir project: https://cipapp.sandiego.gov/CIPDetail.aspx?ID=B11024
- La Jolla Improv 3 project: https://cipapp.sandiego.gov/CIPDetail.aspx?ID=B20023
Public comments & materials
- Neil comments: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/reservoir-neil-comments.pdf
- Encelia trailhead: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/encelia-trailhead.pdf
- AlBahr trailhead: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/al-bahr-trailhead.pdf
9044 La Jolla Shores Ln (667987, Trettin) PRELIMINARY
(Process 4) After-fact SDP for the Emergency Agreement (PTS# 660175) issued for the relocation of failed coastal bluff materials that threatened ancillary residence and tram landing at the base of the coastal bluff located at 9044 La Jolla Shores Ln. within the RS-1-1 and RS-1-4 Base Zones, and Coastal (Appealable), Sensitive Coastal Bluff, and MHPA Overlay Zones and Geo Hazard Area 41 within the La Jolla Community Plan. Council Dist. 1
- Presentation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/el0o4gx0v4qc06l/Woolley%20Power%20Point%20Presentation%202021%2001%2011.pptx?dl=0
- Photo exhibit: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Woolley-Photo-Exhibit-Bell-Pavilion-Evidence-of-Historic-Dirt-Access-path-1969-2020.pdf
- Wooley cover letter etc: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Woolley-SDP-COVER-LETTER-and-Attachments-June-2020.pdf
- Tribune article: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/story/2021-01-03/bluff-collapse-narrows-beach-at-torrey-pines-serves-as-warning-of-ever-present-danger
Code Update (Kane)
2021 Code Update: Status report of LDC code revisions submitted to City in 2020; brainstorming session on potential Code Revisions to submit in 2021 cycle. See Materials page of CPA website for list of previously submitted issues. 2021 submittals may include additional items not identified on 2020 list.
- Code issues matrix: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2021-code-changes-issues.pdf
1228 Park Row (619886, Kivel) FINAL
(Process 2) – A NDP and amendment to CDP No. 1217056 for new work at 1228 Park Row that includes a steel lattice structure, barbeque, metal rods at roof parapet, vehicle gates that encroach into the public ROW, and air conditioning condensers on the garage roof. Fences, retaining walls, trees in ROW, and carport opening identified in the IC notice dated 4/17/19. The 0.22-acre site is located in the RS-1-7 Zone, and Coastal Overlay Zone (Non-App.) within the La Jolla CPA, and CD 1.
- Applicant presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Kivel-Residence-LJCPA-Presentation_1.11.2021_V3.pdf
- 5th cycle issues: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/619886-Draft-Fifth-Cycle-Issues.pdf
- 4th assessment letter: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/664566-Fourth-Assessment-Letter-AUG-2020.pdf
- Submittal set: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Kivel-NDP-Resubmit-12-28-2020.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
I have not seen anyone address the portion of Country Clun Dr between La Jolla Knoll and Peoita Way. This…
I am an experienced cyclists with several hundred thousand mile traveled in and around the San Diego area. I have…
Re: Gilman Class IV Cycle Track PLEASE DON’T TAKE OUR PERFECTLY USABLE BIKE LANE AWAY! Before the pandemic hit, I…
Agenda Item 5.4 I write in support of the proposed class iv bike lanes for Gilman Dr. As a graduate…
I understand you’re considering a Class IV bikeway on Gilman. Oh boy, I can’t imagine a worse place to build…