Missing or incomplete items flagged in yellow
The videoconference for the LJCPA meeting goes live around 5:30 pm, so that participants can make sure their video and/or audio are working. The Chair calls the meeting to order at 6pm. Registration is necessary to attend the meeting: please visit https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-online-meeting-instructions/ for instructions. If you prefer not to identify yourself, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions how to attend anonymously by phone.
This page contains links to the agenda for the meeting and materials applicants, their representatives, and interested parties submitted in connection with action items. There are no materials (beyond committee minutes) for Consent Agenda items.
Please note: Many items linked on this page are copyrighted by their creators. They are distributed or reproduced here solely for use by LJCPA and its committees in connection with community review on behalf of the City. Such materials may not be used or distributed further without explicit permission from the copyright holder.
If you have comments on these or other agenda items, please submit them using the “Reply” form at the foot of this page (following the list of recent comments).
- Trustees 10/6: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Draft-Minutes-Trustee-Mtg-10_6_22-1.pdf
- PDO 10/10: (forthcoming)
- DPR 10/11: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/221011-DPR-minutes.pdf
- DPR 9/20: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/220920-DPR-Minutes.pdf
- DPR 10/18: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/221018-DPR-minutes.pdf
Projects & Action Items
Consent Agenda (unless pulled)
811-827 Coast Blvd S “Coast Blvd Historic Rehabilitation and Townhomes” (677297, Fotsch/Will) DPR 10/18: CAN, 4-0-1 (Will recused)
7945 Herschel Av “Herschel Ave CDP” (676691, Straw) PDO 10/10: APPEARS TO CONFORM, 3-0-2; DPR 10/18: CAN, 5-0-1
2072 Via Casa Alta “Javaheri Residence” (698915, Marengo)
(Process 3) Coastal Development Permit and Site Development Permit for a new 16,251-square-foot 2-story single dwelling unit over basement and accessory structure and pool, 4 levels total, on a vacant lot. located at 2072 Via Casa Alta. The 0.77-acre site is in the RS-1-1 Zone and Coastal Overlay (Non-Appealable) Zone within the La Jolla Community Plan area. Council District 1.
DPR 9/20: findings CAN be made, 4-1-1
- Revised elevation (10/31): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Via-Casa-Alta-Updated-Elevation-and-Sections.pdf
- Updated presentation: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Via-Casa-Alta-Residence-LJ-DPR-Presentation-09.16.22.pdf
- Original presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ST0AknKh6uJWB6QqZhSn6UEnTO6X2w_j/view?usp=sharing
- Submitted plans: https://apps.sandiego.gov/directories/development-services/docs/Building%20Construction%20Plans%20PTS-0698915.pdf
- Assessment: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tEpw5Oo7z7ik7exNOJjcFWnRYWKM1m9-/view?usp=sharing
- Cycle: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QHbnlgLy2LDgU0k-6CpdR2H1CTF7Wz4Q/view?usp=sharing
Format(s) for future LJCPA meetings (Kane)
- Notes on “hybrid” meetings (G Jackson): https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/gj-hybrid-meeting-notes.htm
- AB361: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220AB361
- Newsom 10/17 release: https://www.gov.ca.gov/2022/10/17/governor-newsom-to-end-the-covid-19-state-of-emergency/
New Logo for LJCPA (Baracchini)
The original artwork for LJCPA’s logo has long been lost; the only copy we have is a small digital image with resolution too coarse for most uses. The Secretary asked a local designer to propose some updated versions to replace the old log.
- Notes on the voting so far: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/gj-hybrid-meeting-notes.htm
- Redesigns: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/CPA-new-Logo-Options-.jpg
- Original designs: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/provisionsMedia_laJollaCommunityPlanning_logo_A-1.pdf
Review or Submit Comments
If you submit comments below, please identify the agenda item to which they relate. Once the moderator approves them, comments will be displayed publicly, including the name you provide.
Please be as brief as possible. At a regular meeting, comments would be limited to 2 spoken minutes; that translates to between 200 and 300 written words. Please do not include URLs or links, since they may cause your comment to be flagged as spam. At her or his sole discretion, LJCPA’s moderator will reject comments that are unrelated to agenda items, or that are offensive, ad hominem, or otherwise inappropriate to reasoned discussion of the matters at hand.
Item 5: 2072 Via Casa Alta – JAVAHERI RESIDENCE
The Structure Height of the proposed project EXCEEDS the MAXIMUM ALLOWED STRUCTURE HEIGHT limited by the ANGLED BUILDING ENVELOPE PLANE; and the OVERALL STRUCTURE HEIGHT of the proposed project EXCEEDS the MAXIMUM ALLOWED OVERALL STRUCTURE HEIGHT; as explained in the Merten Letter Re: JAVAHERI RESIDENCE 2022 -10-30 posted at: https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Merten+Letter+Re+JAVAHERI+2022-10-30.pdf