Important Note: Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, LJCPA cannot hold a physical meeting in April. Instead, pursuant to the Governor’s executive order N-25-20, as interpreted by City authorities, LJCPA’s April meeting will be held as an online video/voice teleconference.
Those who wish to attend (including viewing, listening, and possibly speaking at the meeting) must register in advance. If you want your attendance recorded for membership purposes, you must register.
To register, please visit https://mit.zoom.us/j/332884842 at your convenience. Registration is now open, and will remain so until the meeting ends. When the agenda has been set (probably Monday evening), it will be linked here and on the usual 2020 Agendas page.
You will be asked to provide your name and email address, your phone number (only needed if you plan to dial in by voice phone), whether you are already an LJCPA member, and how you plan to connect:
Once you complete the necessary items and click “Register” on the website, it will provide further instructions. These include the personalized link you will need to join the meeting, which also will be emailed to you so that you need not write it down.
When the online meeting opens (5:30pm PDT on April 2, call to order at 6), you can join the meeting from any Internet-connected computer, tablet, or smartphone, or by dialing in from a regular phone.
- Click on the personalized link in the registration email (or follow the dial-in instructions if you’re connecting by regular phone) and the teleconferencing system (Zoom) will prompt you to download and install software or apps as necessary.
- You will then be asked whether you wish to use your computer/tablet/smartphone’s camera and audio. You should do so, unless you plan only to watch and listen.
- If you have more than one camera, microphone, or speakers, you may need to choose the right one once you’re in the meeting.
- The system then will add you to the meeting, with your camera enabled and your microphone muted. It’s good online protocol to keep yourself muted unless you’re called on or have something to say.
- You can unmute yourself if necessary by clicking the small microphone icon toward the bottom left corner of your screen
- You can start or stop your camera using the small camera icon next to the microphone icon.
- Clicking on the carets/arrows to the right of the mute or video icons lets you choose which microphone, speakers, and camera to use, if you have more than one.
More comprehensive instructions how to join a Zoom meeting are available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting should you need them.
If for some reason you cannot register online, or need other assistance in advance of the meeting, then please write to email@example.com for assistance.