Important Note: Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, LJCPA and its committees cannot hold physical meetings for the time being. Instead, pursuant to the Governor’s executive order N-25-20, as interpreted by City authorities, LJCPA’s meetings are being held as online video/voice teleconferences.
Meeting Agenda: The agenda will be linked here and on the 2020 Agendas page. Presentation materials must be submitted by applicants or interested parties to the DPR chair by 3pm on the Monday before the meeting; there will be links to them below once they’re available. DPR can only consider materials that have been made available publicly in advance of the meeting.
- Agenda: https://lajollacpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/200519-DPR-Agenda.pdf
- Materials: https://lajollacpa.org/dpr-5-19-20-materials-comments/
Registration: Those who wish to attend (including viewing, listening, and possibly speaking at the meeting) must register in advance. To register, please visit https://gregj.us/2Aq51xO at your convenience. Registration is open, and will remain so until the meeting ends. When the agenda has been set, it will be linked here and on the usual 2020 Agendas page.
You will be asked for your name and email address, your phone number (only needed if you plan to dial in by voice phone), and a few other items (you may see slightly different questions from this example):
Please complete all the necessary items on the registration form, making sure that your browser hasn’t added any extraneous commas and such, and then click the “I’m not a robot” box, follow any additional instructions, and click “Register”. (If you wish to join the meeting without publicly identifying yourself, which is permissible but not recommended, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.)
The system then will display a confirmation screen, which includes the personalized “click here to join” link you will need to join the meeting. This information also will be emailed to you so that you need not write it down, but please do not misplace the confirmation email. If you don’t receive a confirmation email (remember to check your spam folder), please write to the email address at the bottom of this page.
When the online meeting opens (3:30pm PDT, call to order at 4), you can join from any Internet-connected computer, tablet, or smartphone, or by dialing in from a regular phone.
- Click on the personalized link in the registration confirmation email (or follow the dial-in instructions if you’re connecting by regular phone).
- The teleconferencing system (Zoom) will prompt you to download and install software or apps as necessary. If you’re using a Mac, you may need to allow software installation from “approved developers” or “anywhere”.
- You will then be asked whether you wish to use your computer, tablet, or smartphone’s camera and audio. You should say Yes, unless you plan only to watch and listen.
- You will be held in a “waiting room” until the host admits you to the meeting.
- Your camera will be enabled and your microphone muted by default. It’s good online protocol to stay muted unless you’re called on or have something to say.
- You can unmute yourself if necessary by clicking the small microphone icon toward the bottom left corner of your screen.
- You can start or stop your camera using the small camera icon next to the microphone icon.
- If you have more than one camera, microphone, or speakers, you may need to choose the right one once you’re in the meeting. Clicking on the “^” to the right of the mute or video icons lets you choose which microphone, speakers, and camera to use, if you have more than one.
- In general, applicant and other materials must be submitted in advance, and will be available through the ad hoc web page listed above and shared, if necessary, by the host rather than by presenters.
- The host will remove any participant who displays offensive images, repeatedly interrupts others, or otherwise disrupts the meeting
More comprehensive instructions how to join a Zoom meeting are available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting should you need them.
If for some reason you cannot register online, do not receive a confirmation email, or need other assistance, then in advance of the meeting please write to email@example.com for assistance.