NOTE SPECIAL START TIME 5PM!
This is to accommodate an unusually large number of project and issue action items without running too late.
Important Note: Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, LJCPA currently cannot hold physical meetings. Instead, pursuant to the Governor’s executive order N-25-20, as interpreted by City authorities, LJCPA meetings are being held as online video/voice teleconferences. Those who wish to attend (including viewing, listening, and possibly speaking at the meeting) must register in advance.
Meeting Agenda: The agenda and other meeting materials are linked here and on the 2020 Agendas page as they become available. The “Materials & Comments” page has a form to submit public comments in writing, and it displays comments that are submitted (subject to moderation).
- Agenda: (forthcoming)
- Materials & Comments: https://lajollacpa.org/ljcpa-6-4-2020-materials-comments/
Registration: To register, please visit https://gregj.us/2YPyoUu at your convenience. To have your attendance recorded for membership purposes, you must register your name in advance AND connect to the online meeting at the scheduled time. Registration is open, and remains so until the meeting ends. Once available, the agenda is linked here and on the usual 2020 Agendas page.
The registration page asks for your name and email address, your phone number (needed if you plan to dial in by voice phone), and a few other responses:
Please complete all the necessary items on the registration form, making sure that your browser hasn’t added any extraneous commas and such, click the “I’m not a robot” box, follow any additional instructions, and finallyclick “Register”. (If you wish to attend the meeting without identifying yourself publicly, which is permissible but not recommended, then before the meeting please write email@example.com for instructions.)
The system then will display a confirmation screen, which includes the personalized “click here to join” link you will need to join the meeting. This information also will be emailed to you so that you need not write it down. If you don’t receive a confirmation email (remember to check your spam folder), please write to the email address at the bottom of this page.
When the online meeting opens (4:30pm PDT, call to order at 5), you can join from any Internet-connected computer, tablet, or smartphone, or by dialing in from a regular phone.
- Click on the personalized link in the registration confirmation email (or follow the dial-in instructions if you’re connecting by regular phone).
- The teleconferencing system (Zoom) will prompt you to download and install software or apps as necessary. If you’re using a Mac, you may need to allow software installation from “approved developers” or “anywhere”.
- You will then be asked whether you wish to use your computer, tablet, or smartphone’s camera and audio. You should say Yes, unless you plan only to watch and listen.
- You will be held in a “waiting room” until the host admits you to the meeting.
- Your camera will be enabled and your microphone muted by default. It’s good online protocol to stay muted unless you’re called on or have something to say.
- You can unmute yourself if necessary by clicking the small microphone icon toward the bottom left corner of your screen
- You can start or stop your camera using the small camera icon next to the microphone icon. Clicking on the carets/arrows to the right of the mute or video icons lets you choose which microphone, speakers, and camera to use, if you have more than one.
More comprehensive instructions how to join a Zoom meeting and how to test your computer or smartphone setup are available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting should you need them.
If for some reason you cannot register online, or need other assistance in advance of the meeting, then please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.