2018 Annual Trustee Election
Thursday, March 1, 2018, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
La Jolla Recreation Center
Candidate Forum – LJCPA Meeting, February 1st
Candidates will be allowed two minutes to introduce themselves and reasons for running. The end of the February meeting is the deadline for candidates to announce and be listed on the ballot. If you cannot attend but wish to be listed on the ballot please contact email@example.com and please include a candidate statement.
Pursuant to the LJCPA bylaws, the LJCPA Board consists of 18 Trustees elected by the Members of the LJCPA. Trustees serve for a fixed term of 3 years. Every year, 1/3rd of the seats are up for election which are held on the day of the regular LJCPA March meeting. Vacant seats, due to excessive absences or resignation, may be filled at the regular election or filled at a special election called during the year.
Open Seats in this Election
Up for election are six (6) seats starting new terms and two (2) vacancies with terms ending in 2020.
Eligibility to Run in This Election
To be eligible to run for a trustee seat, candidates must be eligible by and including the regular February 2018 meeting, must be a Member, and must have attended 3 of the LJCPA’s meetings in the 12-month period preceding the election; that is, March 2017 through February 2018, inclusive.
The deadline to announce your candidacy and be listed on the ballot is the end of the regular February 2018 LJCPA meeting.
Write-in candidates are allowed but must still meet eligibility requirements.
Pursuant to the LJCPA bylaws the election process is as follows:
- Only Members are allowed to vote (If you have a question regarding your Membership send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Proxy voting is not allowed.
- No electioneering within 90 feet of polls. No materials may be left in the polling room.
- Must provide proof of identity.
- Write-in candidates must meet eligibility requirements.
- Vote for no more than 8 individuals. If you cast more than eight (8) votes, your ballot will be void; you may cast less than eight (8) votes.
- The 6 individuals with the most votes will be elected for 3-year terms, the 7th and 8th will fill vacancies with two years remaining.
The Election Committee will open the polls at 3:00 pm and close at 7:00 pm. Upon closing the ballots will be counted. The tally will be presented to the President who as soon as practical will certify and announce the results during the LJCPA meeting.
The challenge period once the election results are announced is one (1) week.
The newly elected Trustees will be seated at the start of the next regular LJCPA meeting in order to allow their full participation as a Trustee.
Our elections are run by volunteers, please follow their guidance and take a moment to thank them for their service.
Candidates for this Election (Announced so far, listed alphabetically.)
- Ahern, Patrick
- Brady, Tom
- Donovan, Dede
- Little, David
- Shannon, John
- (check back as more candidates announce!)
Candidate statements are posted as submitted to the LJCPA who takes no responsibility for their content.